Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Missed/ let more than a few 'challenges' go unpunished... waved away 2 pen shouts , the first looked nailed on too .... let the game flow, was reasonably consistent too

after a 5-0 home win and great team performance too, Im feeling extra generous so a 5/10 from me

Not from me. He let too much unpunished. Did try to keep the game flowing though.

Just inconsistent. He generally let the game flow which was good but blew up for fouls he didnt give ay other times.
Only one booking is good with Dickie so close to a suspension..

Difficult to judge given referees generally get more lenient (understandably) of soft fouls committed against a team winning comfortably, which I do understand. Very inconsistent though, gave Browne little protection when he was, yet again, being targeted, and the Sykes penalty shout was pretty blatant imo.

Poor ref again, not helped by either linesman who didn't make a decision, how he didn't give a penalty on Sykes ill never know. At same time Browne and Brannagan were lucky not to pick up yellows for 2 poor tackles. Ah well onto Saturday massive game.

Poor ref again, not helped by either linesman who didn't make a decision, how he didn't give a penalty on Sykes ill never know. At same time Browne and Brannagan were lucky not to pick up yellows for 2 poor tackles. Ah well onto Saturday massive game.

Yes, Browne’s looked like a red even tho he won the ball! Crazy tackle in the middle of the park when you are 4-0 up

The thing that stood out for me was the non-awarding of the two pens. Of course, being in the Jim Smith Stand meant I didn't really have the best view, so I would like to see those again before berating the ref too much for them. However, the Taylor one couldn't have been 'nothing'. If it wasn't a penalty, then surely Taylor should have been booked for diving?
The ref was a bit more athletic than some we have had recently, but the inconsistency was the same old, same old. I thought the booking for their bloke was not a booking but he missed stuff (from both sides) that seemed to me to deserve it much more.
I don't think he affected the outcome of the game in the end I suppose, but not a good performance.

The thing that stood out for me was the non-awarding of the two pens. Of course, being in the Jim Smith Stand meant I didn't really have the best view, so I would like to see those again before berating the ref too much for them. However, the Taylor one couldn't have been 'nothing'. If it wasn't a penalty, then surely Taylor should have been booked for diving?
The ref was a bit more athletic than some we have had recently, but the inconsistency was the same old, same old. I thought the booking for their bloke was not a booking but he missed stuff (from both sides) that seemed to me to deserve it much more.
I don't think he affected the outcome of the game in the end I suppose, but not a good performance.
not had the opportunity (yet) to watch either penalty shout back as yet, in real-time at the breeze block ( & of course Im a bit partisan) the Sykes one looked nailed on, Taylors I've seen them given for less .... if the ref/ or assistant ref dont see a foul, they cant give it .... thankfully, the ref not giving either had no effect on the result

Having seen the extended highlights I would say that the Sykes penalty shout was nailed on, but Taylor's less so.

Sykes took a touch and his run was then blocked. He was certainly looking for a penalty, but he was still taken down without the ball being played so definitely a penalty.

Taylor almost fell into the player who stood his ground without blocking him. Taylor looked to have overrun the ball a little and certainly went down easily. I wouldn't go as far as to say he dived, but I wouldn't have been happy if a penalty was given against us for that.

Great view for the Sykes penalty in the north stand and said exactly the same about the Taylor one, penalty or booking

Yes, Browne’s looked like a red even tho he won the ball! Crazy tackle in the middle of the park when you are 4-0 up
The whole team was really fired up though, we were hunting them down like wolves at times, self motivation or something else but god we were fired up. Really enjoyed all if it.

Yeah but it was no different to an earlier one which a Wimbledon player had done without censure, so a red would have been unbelievably inconsistent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom