+++ 18/12/2019 OUFC v Manchester City +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good piece about the game and OUFC in general on the BBC website. Nice to see the club getting the spotlight shone on it and the likes of the BBC showing some interest!

Anybody have an idea as to what time the gates will open for parking behind oxford mail stand ?

If we choose the performance last Saturday then we'll lose 14-0. Hope not

Expected Man City side:

Bravo

Cancelo Garcia Baylis-Harwood Zinchenko

B.Silva Gundogan Foden

Mahrez Jesus Poveda

Not sure we should be resting Cadden - he's going to be a Columbus Crew player in a few weeks, so we can run him into the ground!
But I can see the argument for giving Fosu & Taylor a breather ahead of Wycombe & Lincoln.

Then a lot is going to come down to the team that Pep sends out.
I'd think that the likes of Mahrez, Foden, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Angelino & Bernardo Silva are likely to start - so they'll certainly be good.
But if he puts a bunch of kids alongside them, then we've got a chance.
If he feels that the likes of Stirling, Jesus and (particularly in his current form) de Bruyne need another run around, then we're toast.

This has to be heart over head. The Jim Smith era had us believing that we could beat anyone and his spirit will hopefully be with us tomorrow.

The game will be played to millions all over the world and we have an opportunity to showcase how incredible our club is. Sing your hearts out and never give up hope. The odds are against us, but we always f**k up the easy games anyway!!!

Oxford United 2 - Man City 1

The dream has only just begun!!!

How many did we get on target?
Hold on. He did we would concede 14 -0 based on Saturdays game. I said although we were very poor v MK they had 2 shots on target so defensively we were ok (Mous probably mom).
We had one shot on target Saturday officially ( I reckon one from Fose and one from Agei).
So fine we will get 0. It is the 14 I am saying is ridiculous!

This has to be heart over head. The Jim Smith era had us believing that we could beat anyone and his spirit will hopefully be with us tomorrow.

The game will be played to millions all over the world and we have an opportunity to showcase how incredible our club is. Sing your hearts out and never give up hope. The odds are against us, but we always f**k up the easy games anyway!!!

Oxford United 2 - Man City 1

The dream has only just begun!!!

Agree;

If I had a choice of winning against Man City or Wycombe I think I’d go for beating City.

Reason; we’d be in the semi final of a major cup competition in England for the first time in 20+ years, knocking out the current holders/Premiership Champions, with additional revenue. Whereas, there’s plenty of games left in the season to make the automatic promotion positions.

If you asked me if we had to lose one game and win the other of either MK Dons or Wycombe, then I’d definitely say I’d lose the MK Dons game!

If Jim Smith could have one more wish before he enters “the gates of heaven” it would be for Oxford United to put on one of those special Manor nights where many top flight teams came and were sent packing by our attacking flair and determination at the back not to give anything away, 12,000 packed into “The Manor” was a sight and a memory that will never be forgotten.......... DO IT FOR JIM.................
JIMMY SMITH’S YELLOW ARMY
JIMMY SMITH‘S YELLOW ARMY
JIMMY SMITH‘S YELLOW ARMY......
IN THE TOWN.........
THERES A CIRCUS IN THE TOWN, IN THE TOWN, KEVIN KEEGAN ISTHE CLOWN, IS THE CLOWN.....!
WE WILL WIN, WE WILL WIN, WE WILL WIN,
COME ON YOU YELLOWS, COME ON YOU YELLOWS.......
SCORE IN A MINUTE, WE’RE GONNA SCORE IN A MINUTE.
COME A COME A COME A COME A COME A COME ON YOU “U’s, COME ON YOU “U”s, COME ON YOU “Uuuuuuuussssss”
UUUUUUUNNNNNIIIIIITTTTED, clap, clap, clap, UNITED......
YELLOWS, YELLOWS, YELLOWS, YELLOWS........!

Archer, Long Dickie Moore Ruffels, Cadden Gorrin Baptiste Brannagan Fosu, Mackie. 451.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom