+++ 18/12/2019 OUFC v Manchester City +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if we can give Kammy our usual reception, that would be grand. Once a scummer, always a scummer and a bit of a lying one too.

And yes I realise Wise was there too, but for a bit, but players are a whole lot more scummier....

Archer
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Cadden Gorrin Baptiste
Sykes Taylor Fosu​

Don’t want to risk ANY injuries, and Brannagan played 80mins in his first game back for a long time on Saturday, so give him a cameo from the bench, and give Baptiste a run out for 70mins.

Sykes has been underperforming for a while, but had a great game against West Ham, so give him another run out, with Henry struggling, and other injuries, it’s not like we’ve got much choice anyway.

As much as I’m desperate for us to win, the league has to take priority, and protecting players returning from injury is a must.

Can’t wait to stick it to those Premiership ponces though!

COYY

Archer
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Cadden Gorrin Baptiste
Sykes Taylor Fosu​

Don’t want to risk ANY injuries, and Brannagan played 80mins in his first game back for a long time on Saturday, so give him a cameo from the bench, and give Baptiste a run out for 70mins.

Sykes has been underperforming for a while, but had a great game against West Ham, so give him another run out, with Henry struggling, and other injuries, it’s not like we’ve got much choice anyway.

As much as I’m desperate for us to win, the league has to take priority, and protecting players returning from injury is a must.

Can’t wait to stick it to those Premiership ponces though!

COYY

Wouldn’t it make more sense to play Sykes in central midfield in that team, and Cadden wide right? Can Cadden play CM?

I'd like to see Agyei start as a winger in front of Cadden, give the two of them a chance to show what they can do. I also doubt anyone will be able to stop Cam starting! He sounds really fired up and confident that we can win. Just what we need on the pitch, confidence.

I'd like to see Agyei start as a winger in front of Cadden, give the two of them a chance to show what they can do. I also doubt anyone will be able to stop Cam starting! He sounds really fired up and confident that we can win. Just what we need on the pitch, confidence.

That's what I would like to see. When Agyei came on against mk he was the only one with alot of energy. He was unlucky with his strike that hit the mk player otherwise the keeper would of actually had to make a decent save in the match.

Hope that this puts them off a little.... we need every bit of help we can.

What is this Cup tie worth to United? Could Hartlepool be worth more? Sounds ridiculous, I know.
risking a Woosh ... gate money share and tv money , no prize money in the League cup till the semi final, so no prize money

Hartlepool fa cup game has prize money , plus gate receipts share

What is this Cup tie worth to United? Could Hartlepool be worth more? Sounds ridiculous, I know.
Assuming you are talking of winning the game?
Semi final of League Cup. 2 definite TV games (?) Plus sell out home game.
Plus a bit of prize money.
So I reckon financially tomorrows game will be worth a lot more.
Let alone the history involved.

I think we need to put out the strongest team possible. Bit concerned city will play the two silvas foden aguero stones zinchenko plus others ,if we were playing like we were six weeks ago........ You never know though COYY

Not losing any sleep over it, long as we don't get hammered and managed to score I will be happy.

The trouble is they barely had to work up a sweat to beat the feeble gooners last weekend not sure who theyve got next weekend

No Henry = double figure loss........put the strongest possible team out i aint paid to see us not compete ffs

I think we need to put out the strongest team possible. Bit concerned city will play the two silvas foden aguero stones zinchenko plus others ,if we were playing like we were six weeks ago........ You never know though COYY

Well three of the six you mentioned are out injured, so you don’t need to be concerned about them. But they probably will play others yeah

Real shame this game couldn't have happened a month ago, when we were in the peak of our powers and they were sort of struggling (as much as a team like them can struggle). They have Leicester on Saturday so will have more than an eye on that, but even so our recent downturn means I can't see anything coming from this. That said, the players that do play will be putting in the kind of shift that I imagine it's difficult to coax out of yourself away at Exeter on a freezing Tuesday night in the JPT, so I think we might be able to give them a game.

I think Baptiste should start on the bench. Seems more injury prone than CB. Don't want to rush him back again.

Gutted I can't be there, but hope those of you who can make a hell of a noise and get to witness an historic night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom