Away Match Day Thread +++ 18/08/2018 Portsmouth v OUFC match day thread +++

Pompeyyellows

Never done 1 before but as its Pompey thought I would give it a go.

I really hope we get something out of this game even its only for bragging rights down here on the south coast.

Praying for a win and I think we will get something out of this game. Pompey haven't been playing well this season but 6 points out of 6 so far is a s good as it gets.

2:1 win for the mighty yellows Beaks with the winner after coming off the bench to send the 1700 very loud yellows home in raptures.

I realise you can't keep on getting your excuses in early ("Barnsley are a different calibre, we never do well against Fleetwood, etc. etc.") if you hold any aspirations of success.
That said, we will be doing very well to get anything off Portsmouth, though over the years we haven't done bad in similar situations.
An extremely optimistic 1-1 from me.

Probable result 0-3
Hopeful result 0-0
Ecstatic result 1-0

A lot will depend on Robinson's team selection. If, as quoted widely, he had settled on his side last Monday then not good. If he is willing to look at the players on Tuesday then a somewhat brighter outlook.

As said in another thread, I'm going in hope more than expectation. Pompey have a strong and will be looking to bounce back after a loss midweek.

Hopefully toon many of our players aren't out, especially holmes and Henry. Going with a very optimistic 2-1 win

Probable result 0-3
Hopeful result 0-0
Ecstatic result 1-0

A lot will depend on Robinson's team selection. If, as quoted widely, he had settled on his side last Monday then not good. If he is willing to look at the players on Tuesday then a somewhat brighter outlook.
I am sure that he will pick in his view the best side available taking into account who is injured etc.
One of the key things tomorrow in my view is who is fit. We will have a better chance if Hanson Holmes and Henry are fit

Pompey have, in last 24 hours, opened up one block in Milton End for home fans, so I assume we haven't sold our allocation, so we are probably only taking about 1,500, bit of shame really, bearing in mind we took 2,500, 5 years ago, which was also in August.

Pompey have, in last 24 hours, opened up one block in Milton End for home fans, so I assume we haven't sold our allocation, so we are probably only taking about 1,500, bit of shame really, bearing in mind we took 2,500, 5 years ago, which was also in August.

That was a great day! First game of the season though, following a reasonably successful (if ultimately frustrating) 2012/13.

Last season was not great (and we've not started this one particularly well) so that perhaps explains the reduced number.

COYY

Always look forward to this fixture as being just a 30 minute drive down the A3 for us. Last season we were done a poor referee, let's hope for better this time.
Forecast? On form should be a win for Pompey but, after Tuesday evening maybe, just maybe, the boys have found their mojo.

The shortest trip of the year for me, so definitely looking forward to that.

As others have said if Henry and Holmes are fit and there are a couple of changes to incorporate some of the midweek performers, then I’m feeling more positive.
1-1 would be an OK result.

If it’s pretty much the team from last Saturday and H & H are out, then it’s hard to see us getting anything out of the game. 2-1 loss in that case.

I hope Nathan Thompson is playing for Pompey and gets the ‘welcome’ he deserves from Ox fans for his pathetic antics last time.

Finally, really disappointed by our attendance figures during the first few games. The performances and results (excl Tuesday) haven’t been there yet, but still every reason to remain optimistic for the season.

The shortest trip of the year for me, so definitely looking forward to that.

As others have said if Henry and Holmes are fit and there are a couple of changes to incorporate some of the midweek performers, then I’m feeling more positive.
1-1 would be an OK result.

If it’s pretty much the team from last Saturday and H & H are out, then it’s hard to see us getting anything out of the game. 2-1 loss in that case.

I hope Nathan Thompson is playing for Pompey and gets the ‘welcome’ he deserves from Ox fans for his pathetic antics last time.

Finally, really disappointed by our attendance figures during the first few games. The performances and results (excl Tuesday) haven’t been there yet, but still every reason to remain optimistic for the season.

I’m pretty sure Thompson is injured for them. Holmes will definitely be rested and I think Hanson and Henry will start.

I’ve got a decent feeling about this game and think we’ll get a result. A draw with a goood performance would be fine with me as Pompey are one of the better teams.

Would take a draw if offered it, think we're due a bit of fortune/karma after the fixture last season. 1-1, Henry. COYY.

1-1 with Garbutt bagging a free kick for us.

I always want to win, but would take getting a goal and a point on the board today.

I can stomach another loss if we play how we did against Coventry in the week.

The worst part of the league defeats hasn't been the defending, but how toothless and uncreative we've been in the final third of the pitch.

I'm hoping for a goal or two from us today, whatever the score. I'll go for a 1-1 draw, with Henry getting the goal.

Back
Top Bottom