Away Match Day Thread +++ 18/08/2018 Portsmouth v OUFC match day thread +++

To be fair the last half hour wasn't bad. We had numerous chances. Hit the post twice. Had Portsmouth on the rocks. Ignore the fact we were 3-0 down [emoji6] their 4th goal was a worldie. Could have been 3-2 quote easily with 5-10 minutes left. POSITIVE BUS!

Embarrassing when the loudest chant of the day from the away end was 'we've had a shot'. Not convinced that'll help the players confidence!

I've just stolen this from Tom Matthews on another site as it's a great post, and asks some good questions...

Just got home and my opinion on today
Everyone s**t apart from Henry who was our best player as normal and he only played a small part.
Mitchell coud not do much about the goals, but why on earth was he playing out short in such a tight space, luckily he redeemed himself by saving the penalty. However Hanson should have dealt with it better too.

A few questions for you Robinson if you read this

1. Why is Garbutt still playing?
2. Why did Mous not keep his place after Tuesday and with Dickie also being poor?
3. Why is Norman not playing at right back?
4. Why does Brannagan not look interested?
5. What had Whyte done to upset you after his performance on Tuesday?
6. Can you explain why you never got any good strikers over the whole summer and how Obika has ended up being our best option?
7. Why do you not like Henry seeing as he is our best player?
8. What hold does Mackie have over you?
9. Why have you signed so many loan players that quite frankly dont give a s**t about Oxford United?
10. Why have you signed loads of sick notes of players?

You cannot complain about injuries after the game as you were the one to bring these to the club eg Holmes.
Can you please at least start playing the best players and also in their correct positions? That would be a start at least.
We will not be successful until you get the basics right.
Sorry to other supporters to be so brutal but it is better than burrying head in the sand.
Anything less than 6 points from the next 2 home games will show me your not right for the job.
So i am asking you just to please start with the basic decisions from Tuesday.

Tuesday nights line up should be.

Mitchell
Norman,Nelson,Mousinho,Garbutt
Hanson
Whyte,Baptiste,Holmes
Henry
Obika.
I would be tempted to start Lopes with the lack alone f goals from our chosen strikers

I'd start with Smith. I think he would be OK if given any sort of supply (other than the ball being booted at him from 30 yards). Lopes looks like a prospect (and possibly a late impact sub), but he isn't a starter yet.

But Smith, Obika or Lopes: it won't make any difference unless they get the ball in an attacking position.

It was truly awful witnessing the parents and teenagers in the family area, giving it large. Nothing like receiving abuse from 35 year old Darren the Carpenter whose brought his children to the game and he stands there waving his arms around letting us know how bad we are. Worst thing is he's right.
Any chance of getting Darren the Carpenter in as our next manager?

no, I walked out wjust after we went 2 down at Barnsley as we were so abysmal.

Rooney is completely different proposition to Lopes

no, I walked out wjust after we went 2 down at Barnsley as we were so abysmal.

Rooney is completely different proposition to Lopes
And we know that because of what he did from them onwards, so give Lopes a game or two to see if he has the ability to step up at a young age l.

Last edited:
Awful performance, abysmal, until the injured Henry came on and after that we matched them -
albeit far too late. A lot of mewling quims on the forum as usual, keep up the good work. I was there but you won’t hear (much of) a mewl out of me until we get through October, when we’ll know where we really are. Looking forward to Tuesday ... I’d start with Henry if fit, along with Norman and Mous and think I’d give Obika a start (something I never thought I’d say).

Mackie just is not fit & is carrying a long term injury - KR must have known that when his mate Sean got him from QPR! KR also knew that his other ex charges - Carruthers, Hall & Holmes were also carrying injuries! Hall's legs are like bone china & I don't reckon we will see much of him this season & then he will be gone. This is all very depressing & I don't think Tiger will give longer than the Burton match to see a massive improvement. "Gone for a Burton" - I can see the headlines now!
FFS. Carruthers I would have thought was simply unlucky?
I think MAPP brought in Hall?
So you seem to be suggesting that you are a bit of a medicalbexpert and the OUFC medical team are sh1t.

I like. A dear friend has been for many years preparing to direct a film called "Pussies in Unison".
As a long standing member, and workplace representative for Unison, I really must object. There are NO pussies in Unison. Twats, knobs, tits and nee'r do well's, yes, pussies, no. (Also a great many politically deluded muppets, but that's another story)

As a long standing member, and workplace representative for Unison, I really must object. There are NO pussies in Unison. Twats, knobs, tits and nee'r do well's, yes, pussies, no. (Also a great many politically deluded muppets, but that's another story)
....a few Nurses in Unison too isnt there? :unsure:.... including midwives? :oops:

Back
Top Bottom