Away Match Day Thread +++ 18/08/2018 Portsmouth v OUFC match day thread +++

Wot no quiz? I rarely do well but the match day quiz on the oufc site has become a family tradition - I can't find it though. Am I just being thick?

Safe travels to all those going, thinking a 2-1 win.

Henry to score the winner in front of our jubilant fans in the 80th min :)

For the sake of the team, I am not going today. Pulled out of Tuesday evening and look what happened? Not even going to predict. COYY

Pompey to score first and then for us to win 3-1.

I only want them to score first so that the annoying fat bloke to our right can goad us before looking more and more sheepish as we start banging the goals in. Eventually sneaking out without eye contact.

Can’t be there today but I’m going for a solid 1-0 win

COYY

Play well and I'll be happy, if we get some lovely points at the end of it then that's a bonus.
Great atmosphere and a loud yellow army, going with a 1-2 win, Hall to score a top bin screamer!

Can't see us getting anything from today unfortunately. In fact if we lose by 3 goals or less I'll be happy. Should've entirely rebuilt the defence including the centre backs whose performances last season saw us looking nervously over our shoulders at the end of last season.

Sorry for the negativity/reality.

Afternoon folks.With my usual glass half-full outlook on life I predict a nervous 0-1 win for the mighty Yellows. Oh and maybe a few live scores ;-)

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Can't see us getting anything from today unfortunately. In fact if we lose by 3 goals or less I'll be happy. Should've entirely rebuilt the defence including the centre backs whose performances last season saw us looking nervously over our shoulders at the end of last season.

Sorry for the negativity/reality.

Looking forward to seeing Aaron Martin, Todd Kane and Ricardino in the squad today.

Dk4kjgQWwAAa_ea.jpg

Other than McMahon I am happy with that lineup, would have preferred Henry to start too but I like that we have a physical midfield with Hanson and Baptiste

Really interesting lineup. Agree with @OxfordBoy, wanted to see Norman in the side. And I want to know what Robinson is seeing of Mackie in training that means he keeps his place?

Hoping for great performances from Baptiste and Hanson in particular. That's where the game is going to be won or lost today.

Pompey's central midfield is reportedly "rubbish" this season, so having some solidity there should help a lot. Glad for Baptiste, but the pressure starts now!

Back
Top Bottom