Home Match Day Thread +++ 18/02/20 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon +++

Almost as happy about this as I am the result.
Have heard from a very reliable source (even more reliable than Scotchers source) that they wheeled this over from some garden plantation on Blackbird Leys, logic was that you can’t have something repossessed when it’s not yours in the first place ? I like Tigers thinking

What was the deal between Mackie and their coaching staff at the end? Looked it might kick off at one point.

First game I’ve missed in a while, got on the plane at 0-0 after 20 minutes and never expected to be getting off it with a 5-0 popping up on my phone, here’s hoping it won’t be a flash in the pan and we can press on and keep people fit and healthy

What was the deal between Mackie and their coaching staff at the end? Looked it might kick off at one point.

Mackie played for MK Dongs didn't he? Could have been to do with that as there wasn't anything else that stands out.

A special mention for Anthony Forde. That game in his legs from Saturday definitely helped; and he showed that KR may be right that he could be the answer at right back. His crossing is generally excellent and he showed he is an attacking outlet from right back. Also, he enabled James Henry to play like he did when Cadds was playing.

Mackie played for MK Dongs didn't he? Could have been to do with that as there wasn't anything else that stands out.

That may well be it. Very odd for the club’s staff to engage in such theatrics if so. I get it with the fans, but strange for employees to be so petty.

You really are a rather obnoxious and toxic individual. This forum would be far more pleasant without your constant snide remarks and ridiculous spin. I realise that’s a wasted sentence on you though as you appear to have delusions of self-grandeur.....even after a 5-0 victory you manage to poison the well though when everyone else was just happy to enjoy the victory.

It’s ironic that many of the people that you deride as negative are actually middle of the road, sensible moderate posters merely pointing out the absurdity of your extremist views that everything is 100% perfection. You’re creating the focus on the realism or “negativity” as you call it, by virtue of your absurdity. It’s not about positivity or negativity but about trying to find a place of realism, and knowing issues, because without identifying them it’s hard to understand what it would take to resolve them.

Try growing up a little.

Well done Oxford...fantastic way to respond to a rough run of results.
I don't see any evidence of "constant snide remarks" and Scotchedgg's spin, in my opinion, isn't ridiculous (though it is definitely optimistic). He gets enough negative comments for constantly seeing the glass half (well, completely) full that I can't blame him for the occasional snippy remark back. Just cast your mind back to when Charlie used to post on here for some evidence of constant snide remarks, and be thankful that we have Scotchers.

You really are a rather obnoxious and toxic individual. This forum would be far more pleasant without your constant snide remarks and ridiculous spin. I realise that’s a wasted sentence on you though as you appear to have delusions of self-grandeur.....even after a 5-0 victory you manage to poison the well though when everyone else was just happy to enjoy the victory.

It’s ironic that many of the people that you deride as negative are actually middle of the road, sensible moderate posters merely pointing out the absurdity of your extremist views that everything is 100% perfection. You’re creating the focus on the realism or “negativity” as you call it, by virtue of your absurdity. It’s not about positivity or negativity but about trying to find a place of realism, and knowing issues, because without identifying them it’s hard to understand what it would take to resolve them.

Try growing up a little.

Ricky - I understand the point you are making. But. Your choice of words was very poor - and somewhat made your comment a personal attack... As an example of "self-grandeur", there are few better examples than your post...

I've not noticed Uncle Kip posting tonight... Uncle Kip might be a miserable sod, but I do "enjoy" his contributions. When I make reference of him, it is light-hearted.

Ricky - I understand the point you are making. But. Your choice of words was very poor - and somewhat made your comment a personal attack... As an example of "self-grandeur", there are few better examples than your post...

I've not noticed Uncle Kip posting tonight... Uncle Kip might be a miserable sod, but I do "enjoy" his contributions. When I make reference of him, it is light-hearted.

i think it’s fair enough to say it’s a personal attack. I’m really rather bored of the attitude and constant bickering and drivel that comes with him. I’ve bitten my tongue for a fair few months if not longer as have many others.

It just so happens that he also posts a huge amount so it’s very hard to avoid.

But point taken. I’ve made my point and will step away. Apologies all round for being too fractious.

I don't see any evidence of "constant snide remarks" and Scotchedgg's spin, in my opinion, isn't ridiculous (though it is definitely optimistic). He gets enough negative comments for constantly seeing the glass half (well, completely) full that I can't blame him for the occasional snippy remark back. Just cast your mind back to when Charlie used to post on here for some evidence of constant snide remarks, and be thankful that we have Scotchers.

We’ll agree that not “constant snide remarks” but plenty of “snippy” remarks ?

Really good result and a much needed confidence boost all round.

A good performance against much more capable opposition on Saturday before an easier (on paper) run of league games could see things improve even more.

Really need to take the excellent result last night and run with it for a few games though. Going to be very interesting if we do.

Outstanding performance v a very basic side.

Saturdays the real one. Must not lose.

Then we have 4 games in a row we could easily pick 12 points up from!

Thought we were tremendous. Superb - a real performance masterclass. Could have got into double figures if we had had a bit more luck.
The one thing that got me was atmosphere or lack of. I’m not talking about crowd attendance but atmosphere. It was so disappointing. I know the Stadium is not known for its charm and cheer but what the hell. Controversial, but the team deserved better on that display.

Try growing up a little.

Great post. Scotchegg is the most negative poster about other posters. And that’s a realistic statement.

Thought we were tremendous. Superb - a real performance masterclass. Could have got into double figures if we had had a bit more luck.
The one thing that got me was atmosphere or lack of. I’m not talking about crowd attendance but atmosphere. It was so disappointing. I know the Stadium is not known for its charm and cheer but what the hell. Controversial, but the team deserved better on that display.
I think when it’s so easy and like a training session you tend to just switch off a bit.

i think it’s fair enough to say it’s a personal attack. I’m really rather bored of the attitude and constant bickering and drivel that comes with him. I’ve bitten my tongue for a fair few months if not longer as have many others.

It just so happens that he also posts a huge amount so it’s very hard to avoid.

But point taken. I’ve made my point and will step away. Apologies all round for being too fractious.
How can it be a personal attack , when you do not know the person? You are just basing this on , what you read on this forum and not on the person.

A great win , and more the same with the result. In truth Sunderland Was not that good, and we definitely should have got something out of that game. Yet we came back from that game with this.??

Back
Top Bottom