Home Match Day Thread +++ 18/02/20 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon +++

ttg17

Quite simply a game we have to win. If we are to stand any chance of going up at all this season, home games against teams in the bottom quarter of the table must be three points.

I think we've looked to be getting slowly back to our best recently, though without Gorrin, this will still be a tricky test. The mystery injury is a bit concerning too - you suspect it will be someone reasonably essential to the way we play, as the whole 'holding you cards close to your chest' tactic in the media is presumably being utilised to Wombles can't plan to target that weakness in advance.

Really hope we turn them over, both for morale and for the fact that I've started to really dislike Wimbledon. The romance of their rise has sort of dissipated for me now (though watch the media w*****g themselves off furiously to the bond scheme they've just launched to fund their new stadium) and they're a team who seem to be happy to have no identity other than 'we're not MK Dons'.

3-1 Yellows - two first half goals from our striker, them to score early in second half to make the remaining 45 minutes almost unbearable until Agyei wraps it up at the end.

3-0 home win .... Cadden, Fosu & Baptiste with a goal each ... oooh wait , Cadden was only a loanee & the other two were sold by the board for ( not at all) exceptional fees and were not replaced ... so itll be a 0-0 then, as our (so called )strikers are currently firing blanks :cry::cautious::(

4 nil home win. Mackie x 2, Thorne and Browne.

The boys are back in town!!!

I thought we played some nice stuff on Saturday and Brannagan certainly looked a much better version of himself. But I think some of the optimism on here is misplaced sadly as our real problem in this bad run remains. Goals. We simply don’t have any in us. Without Fosu banging in screamers (how many points did his ten goals give us) and Caddens assists / half assists the well has run completely dry. Long has actually done a great job trying to fill those boots ....Holland I’ve been less impressed by and that’s fair enough as he’s a young lad trying to fill a big pivotal role.

Wimbledon are in good form so I’d love to see us sneak a victory but I don't think it will be the new horizon even if we do as we have some seriously unanswered questions .

We could all do with the win though so Come on you yellows!!!!!

3-0 home win .... Cadden, Fosu & Baptiste with a goal each ... oooh wait , Cadden was only a loanee & the other two were sold by the board for ( not at all) exceptional fees and were not replaced ... so itll be a 0-0 then, as our (so called )strikers are currently firing blanks :cry::cautious::(
I think Mackie will score tomorrow. He’s got too much to prove and after a difficult week away from football this is exactly the sort of game he should do something in. If he starts, of course, and I can’t see him not doing so.

I feel we've been overly cautious during the early stages of games over the past few weeks. I want us to go for the throat from the off tomorrow, get a resounding win and send out a message that we're still very much in the fight for the playoffs.

OUFC 5-1 Wombles

Wimbledon got a draw away to Rotherham Saturday so this won’t be an easy game.

With them buoyed by this result and us struggling if late I think it’ll be a draw at best or knowing our luck them getting a winner late on. Hope I’m wrong though and we win comfortably!

Neither team are on great form and Wimbledon’s away form is one of the worst in the division so it has to be a win, convincing or otherwise I’ll be happy with the three points.
3-1 Browne,Taylor & A.N. other

We need to cash in our home games against the likes of Wimbledon (probably staying up because of the awfulness of the teams below them), Southend, Accrington and the Gas.
Despite their draw away at Rotherham on Saturday, Wimbledon have a bad away record. They will set up to grind out a point, but 2-0 to us.

don’t like the term ‘must win’ but with only our game and Southend/Gillingham playing then it’s crucial we get the 3 points, especially if Gillingham win

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Thorne Sykes
Henry Taylor Browne
If we’re gonna stand any chance of getting back into the playoffs, then we have to regain our form, fitness, goal scoring touch, and get back to winning ways.

This is a game we simply HAVE to win.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

Back
Top Bottom