Away Match Day Thread +++ 18/01/20 Gillingham v OUFC L1 +++

No need to panic though. Looking at the league table we’re still right in the mix for the play offs at least. I think we would’ve all taken that at the start of the season. Apart from a poor first half against Rotherham we’re playing ok and we’re not on a losing run. Stay positive everyone!

Level on points with Sunderland and Portsmouth now. There's a lot more teams in the mix than I realised.

What a load of sh1te,embarrasingly timewasting and give away a pathetic penalty,we have gone from a team who pass and move to a team of hoofers.....promotion??? not with that lot...... hurry up and return Henry,Taylor and Brannigan.......else not a chance.

Watched the game on ifollow. The standard of some of the players, and refs in this league are shocking. I'm not sure what has gone on with us, we would of finished them in the first half last year. But we tried a Wycombe and time wasted to try and hold on and ultimately we have got punished by a pen. Gillingham offered nothing except the pen they scored. On that showing play offs at best.

The debate of Agyei versus Mackie has just gone up a notch. Intelligent runs, great hold up play, gave no fouls away, good pace that forced the gills defense to sit ten yards deeper.

from what I saw today I’d definitely have him above Mackie in the pecking order

Disappointing run of form at the moment, have to take the positives where we can find them: we held on for a point, previous seasons would have lost, we’re still in the mix and the transfer window is still open. Desperately need to strengthen upfront.

Games in hand on us could see us drop out of play offs ....needed to go on and win that after such a great start. Long way to go but starting to get worried as we cannot score enough !

The debate of Agyei versus Mackie has just gone up a notch. Intelligent runs, great hold up play, gave no fouls away, good pace that forced the gills defense to sit ten yards deeper.

from what I saw today I’d definitely have him above Mackie in the pecking order
It’s becoming more and more apparent each week that Mackie offers very little to the cause. I see Kayden Jackson scored for Ipswich today, a very good striker. Against us they had Keane and Norwood. These are the types of squads we’re competing with in the promotion race.

Back
Top Bottom