Away Match Day Thread +++ 18/01/20 Gillingham v OUFC L1 +++

Hopefully we go; Eastwood, Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels, Gorrin Sykes Baptiste, Holland Taylor Browne.

Gillingham 1-2 Ox, Baptiste and a last minute winner from Mackie off the bench

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin Baptiste
Holland Taylor Browne

SUBS: Mackie, Sykes, Fosu, Kelly, Hall, Moore, Stevens

Tough game, Gillingham are in good form, but we need to get back to winning ways, starting tomorrow.

COYY

Haven't done one of these in a while so thought I'd jump in with my usual positivity!!

Feel a win is well overdue with a little bit of luck going our way for once. A fairly comfortable 2 nil away win with goals from Mous and Browne.
Thought we were playing away, mods will be along in a minute like they do with my errors

Gillingham used to be one of our bogey sides, but we've done good recently against them.....so, 1:1

Didnt we win the home fixture v gills 3-0 already? Need to reverse the current form b9ok an get back to winning ways 1-2 win in a close game tayls n browne

Didnt we win the home fixture v gills 3-0 already? Need to reverse the current form b9ok an get back to winning ways 1-2 win in a close game tayls n browne

They've improved a lot since then I think. They were pretty terrible in the home game from memory.

They've improved a lot since then I think. They were pretty terrible in the home game from memory.
See the (current ) thread title ! ;) .... and yes they wernt all that when we played em here but are on a decent run at the mo

A few teams around us have very winnable games tomorrow, so you feel a win will be important to keep us in the pack. That said, can see a low scoring draw. 0-0 or 1-1.

Donny at home to Cov looks a bit tasty, and I can see Sunderland dropping points at MK. But Rotherham at home to a terrible Bristol Rovers looks a banker and Ipswich should be winning at Tranmere.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannigan Browne
Sykes Taylor Holland​

Only just played on Tuesday, on a muddy pitch which drains the legs, so freshen it up a bit...

We haven't really clicked in 2020 yet. Hope springs eternal that it will happen tomorrow.
Myself, I think things will only settle down once the transfer window is shut.
1-1, Browne with his first in spell number two.

A high scoring game which will live long in the memory of those who witnessed it.

Gillingham 4 Oxford United 5.

All 5 of Oxford’s goals will be scored by loan players. Browne 3, Holland 1, Kelly 1.

And then you woke up

Draw at best, but more likely to be a 2-1 or 1-0 to them, but again I hope I’m wrong.

Gillingham 2 Oxford United 2 (Taylor2) Att: 6767 with 897 Yellows fans.
The game will start, otherwise there won't be a game. It will be a game of three halves. The Oxford sub.........was sunk in all that rain during the Ipswich game. The referee will stand out more than anyone........due to his name: Rodney Fannyflaps. A dog will run onto the pitch and that will be the only sensible thing that happens during the game. COYY

Back
Top Bottom