Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/4/2018 Wigan v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

First half they battered us. 2nd half was pretty even I thought. Our strikers are a joke though. When carroll is preferred to gvk and mehmehti it says it all.

If we had the 6 points we dropped to Bury and the 5 we dropped to Northampton (although admittedly the single point gained against them was without Pep) we'd be on 61 points, and a win outside the playoffs. Crazy.
Don't forget the 89th minute equaliser for Gillingham and the 87th for Shrewsbury at home and the 95th for Bradford at home.

That's 6 points lossed.

We are frail going into the final 10 minutes. Need to tighten up.

Don't forget the 89th minute equaliser for Gillingham and the 87th for Shrewsbury at home and the 95th for Bradford at home.

That's 6 points lossed.

We are frail going into the final 10 minutes. Need to tighten up.

And the 93rd min winner for Fleetwood. Just goes to show that when fans talk about promotion or relegation in October is crazy.

But whatever happens on Saturday means that we will go into the Rochdale game knowing that a win will probably be enough.

I think when the time comes, Rochdale will need to beat us so there should be ample chance to hit them on the break.

Acknowledged that performances have improved but it’s a results business. KR record is W1 D1 L4, Scored 5 conceded 9. Defo not the impact we were looking for. Need at least a point at Donny.

With our history with them and swapping places. I hoped they would bottle it.
You could also say that the last time we were in the same division as them we got promoted so bodes well for next season ?

Acknowledged that performances have improved but it’s a results business. KR record is W1 D1 L4, Scored 5 conceded 9. Defo not the impact we were looking for. Need at least a point at Donny.

Dear oh dear, the only blame her is on clothead. Do you think there is another manager in England that would have done any better? What he's achieved so far is excellent.

Adding to that, Faz’s record was nearly the same! Except he played an extra game and won it (not counting tin pot trophy) and W2 D1 L4

Dear oh dear, the only blame her is on clothead. Do you think there is another manager in England that would have done any better? What he's achieved so far is excellent.
Not blaming KR for what he inherited but yes I’m sure other managers could have had a better record than that!

Let's get a win at Donny on Saturday and all will be right with the World. Follow that up with a draw or win vs Dale and we can party in Blackburn.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I certainly blame Robinson for playing the useless IBR tonight - I just don’t
understand the thinking. We are in a dog fight so it makes no sense to start with him.
Surely there was a better option? IBR was shocking against Oldham and I never expected
him to darken our door again. Napa would have been a better option.

Doncaster is massive.

Where you getting your statistics from? As you've missed a draw at Scunthorpe or Oldham. What your missing here is the 2 teams we've played that aren't chasing play offs and promotion we've gone and got results against and then Fleetwood we got the customary loss in the 93rd minute (which KR cannot do anything about when it was that good of a goal.)

Not for a minute saying I was a Pep advocate but the guys league record was W10 D8 L11 - 38 points from 29 games. Faz 7 points from 7 games, KR 5 points from 6 games. No improvement! In fact a little worse. The delayed decision to appoint is killing us.

Performances have improved you say? That IS exactly the impact we were looking for! What else can you expect him to do? Pick himself to play up front?

Of course the strike from McAleny was superb - but we lost our discipline with a minute to go
and got counter attacked three on three.

Tonight we lose our shape again late on and all the hard work counts for nothing.

It’s gutting but we must be more switched on. You don’t get away with it in L1 against
decent front players.

Where you getting your statistics from? As you've missed a draw at Scunthorpe or Oldham. What your missing here is the 2 teams we've played that aren't chasing play offs and promotion we've gone and got results against and then Fleetwood we got the customary loss in the 93rd minute (which KR cannot do anything about when it was that good of a goal.)
Apologies yeah I missed a draw. Still 1 point per game average. I know we’ve played Shrews, Wigan and Scunny but such disappointing results. No away points at all.

Performances have improved you say? That IS exactly the impact we were looking for! What else can you expect him to do? Pick himself to play up front?
I just hope we aren’t sitting back admiring our improved performances in L2! Results are king.

Back
Top Bottom