Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/4/2018 Wigan v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Oldham

Another huge game. We are massive underdogs but this could go in our favour. Wigan are under pressure to perform after a disappointing result at the weekend whilst we are buzzing our nuts off after putting in a great shift on Saturday. A lot of us have written this game off but keep believing, I’m going for a draw and another big performance from the lads. COME ON OXFORD!

Any chance we could resign Xemi for this game?

He basically ran the show in the home game and clearly the only reason we lost is that he had to be substituted, presumably injured.

Fair play to the fans going up there, it’s a long old drag especially in the week. Best fans in the world!

I'm going, but only my sixth match of the season and only 140 miles (2.75 hours) travel for me, so not claiming 'best fan in the world' status!

Wigan will obviously be going all out to win, given the race for the top of L1. I'm expecting nothing, but would be happy with a decent OUFC performance, keeping the score down and perhaps a goal?

You’ll still be there mate and the boys will be glad of your support ?

West Brom proved yesterday that anything is possible, however, I think we will play well tomorrow but still lose by a single goal. Hope I'm wrong.

My prediction: Wigan 0 Oxford 8 so we win on aggregate.

In all seriousness, I’ll be doing cartwheels around my place if we scramble a point. There’s no pressure on the team for this at all, although a defeat could mean heads drop again.

late 0-1 away smash n grab win , Napa ghosting in ,after coming on off the bench, to nick all 3 points (and to all but secure L1 safety)

late 0-1 away smash n grab win , Napa ghosting in ,after coming on off the bench, to nick all 3 points (and to all but secure L1 safety)

Late 0-1 away smash and grab win, Dunks ghosting in and putting one in his own net, then going on the lash in Liverpool after the game with KR to celebrate...

Wigan home form w12 d7 l2.
They do drop points up home, and I fancy we might just get one.

I wonder how much of a psychological factor the memory of the 7-0 will play in both sets of players' heads?

Wigan are top of the table for a reason. I'm happy to chalk this one off as a loss. Any points would be unbelievable, but I'll be happy with a narrow defeat, no injuries and no red cards. Also, as I've said on another thread, I think this would be a good opportunity to rest some of our hard-working midfield and bring in Ruffels. And maybe Nelson in at the back alongside Dickie, and push Mousinho into CDM - why not? Worst case scenario is he gets some minutes under his belt and gets a bit more match fitness before two hugely important games the next two Saturdays.

I wonder how much of a psychological factor the memory of the 7-0 will play in both sets of players' heads?

Wigan are top of the table for a reason. I'm happy to chalk this one off as a loss. Any points would be unbelievable, but I'll be happy with a narrow defeat, no injuries and no red cards. Also, as I've said on another thread, I think this would be a good opportunity to rest some of our hard-working midfield and bring in Ruffels. And maybe Nelson in at the back alongside Dickie, and push Mousinho into CDM - why not? Worst case scenario is he gets some minutes under his belt and gets a bit more match fitness before two hugely important games the next two Saturdays.

On Nelson, worst case scenario might actually be that he is rushed back too early and does himself some damage. Particularly in a high intensity game against the league leaders - wouldn’t expect him to start personally but you never know.

Seem to remember us winning last time the match day thread got prematurely archived...

Eastwood
Kane Martin Dickie Mous Ricardinho
Napa Ledson Carroll Ruffels
GvK

0-0. Park. The. Bus.

Last edited:
The season we got pasted at home by Brum we won up there at St Andrews, why not this year with Wigan.
1-0 to us. Henry with the goal. Why the heck not....

Snatch your hand off if you offered me a draw now.

KR says he'll rotate the squad and he mentioned GVK playing in his interview. Reckon we'll line up something like this.

Eastwood
Tiendalli Dickie Martin Ricardinho
Mousinho
Brannagan Ruffels
Mowatt
GVK Noel-Williams

KR mentioned we may see some players who have never been in squad Before. I reckon Noel Williams will be involved some point. Napa off the bench to stretch Wigan on the wing. Mehmeti may start instead of Noel-Williams but can't see Thomas and Obika traveling. Both stay at home.

One of Henry or Rothwell will be on the bench.

Bench: Shearer Kane Nelson Napa Henry Carroll Mehmeti

1-1
Brannagan

320 away fans

I know,TIENDALLI but KR said on ifollow he wants to see everyone play

If he plays Tiendalli I will ea
Snatch your hand off if you offered me a draw now.

KR says he'll rotate the squad and he mentioned GVK playing in his interview. Reckon we'll line up something like this.

Eastwood
Tiendalli Dickie Martin Ricardinho
Mousinho
Brannagan Ruffels
Mowatt
GVK Noel-Williams

KR mentioned we may see some players who have never been in squad Before. I reckon Noel Williams will be involved some point. Napa off the bench to stretch Wigan on the wing. Mehmeti may start instead of Noel-Williams but can't see Thomas and Obika traveling. Both stay at home.

One of Henry or Rothwell will be on the bench.

Bench: Shearer Kane Nelson Napa Henry Carroll Mehmeti

1-1
Brannagan

320 away fans

I know,TIENDALLI but KR said on ifollow he wants to see everyone play
If he plays Tiendalli I will eat my hands. At the 0-7, Wigan targeted him from kick off. He's so obviously useless KR will not play him. He'll have seen enough of him in training to know he's no longer up to pro football. Fwiw, i can see 0-3/4/5 tomorrow night. Wigan are miles above L1 standard

When he says everyone, he probably meant footballers, not blokes who were lucky enough to get one last payday from an old pal. I would be extremely surprised if we saw Tiendalli play again for us.

I'm not expecting anything personally. Just keep the score respectable because goal difference could be vital at the end of the season.

My closest game of the the season so will head over just to tick off the stadium.

Surely we'll lose but a point would feel great.

Making the short 50 minute journey from Chester.

From KR’s words pre match it sounds like Nelson is going to start.

I think it will be:

Eastwood
Carroll, Dickie, Nelson, Silva
Napa, Ledson, Brannagan, Mowatt
Mehmeti, GVK

Back
Top Bottom