Home Match Day Thread 17/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorrin is putting in a shift, but the rest of the midfield may as well not be there. The passing is atrocious, and lumping it long seems the only way we are trying. KR has *got* to make changes at half time. Not at 60 minutes, not at 75 minutes. Now.
Yep, if it wasn't for Gorrin we'd be out of this game. As it is we're lucky to be only 1 behind.
Not that we look remotely like scoring.
Dire.

Well that was awful. Too many players playing out of position. We don't look comfortable at all.

I love Ruffels but he needs dropping big time as soon as Obita is fully fit.

Terrible half. Most of our passes and thrown ins have been controlled poorly and means the ball is back with Crewe in seconds. Josh, Shopido, Clare all having particularly poor game imo. Gorrin and Sykes putting a shift in and Taylor has had no service whatsoever.

COYY

.... the first half was that of team that will be fighting relegation all season.

Can’t believe what I’ve just witnessed - a nothing performance.

Crewe very nice and tidy but we just have not made contact with the game.

The paint needs to come off the dressing room walls for me.

I know karl said he knows what we need to do to improve but if that thing is this 4231 I'm very worried. Its a difficult shape to play technically and we don't have the quality/form.

And Crewe are still 20201117_185551.jpg

I agree with Baz tonight, absolutely shocking and I am now worrying what we are doing and working on in training. Can't pass a ball 5 yards, no movement off the ball to receive a pass, no players near each other to link play, no one willing to make a run to create space, noone willing to sprint ahead of the ball to counter attack.

Robinson needs to seriously sort this out second half.

Stop playing Clare at right back too! He looks like he could be a great winger at this level. Feel for him this season.

We are awful. Passing and control is woeful. Their keeper could go to sleep and he'd be doing more than he currently is. Plenty of effort but no composure or fluency.

Crewe are by far the better team in the 1st half and deserve their lead imo albeit a lucky finish.

Shodipo is a super sub based only on what I've seen. He is utterly anonymous tonight.

Rosie is watching a different game to me and is overly positive. A bit before their goal, he was claiming we could easily have been mistaken as the team near the top!!!

Negatives:

Eastwood - Not confident for the goal.

Clare - He looks like he has no idea where to position himself. I’ve never seen a right back stand in some of the odd parts of the pitch that he has tonight. He doesn’t even bother getting forwards that much. Awful.

Ruffels: Looks desperately out of form, someone put him out of his misery and play Obita there, please!

Forde - Completely anonymous.

Henry - Yet another poor, quiet, average performance. Not playing well.

Shodipo: Hasn’t done anything, doesn’t look a threat. Get Agyei or Cooper on... oh, wait... Cooper not on bench

Taylor: Not his fault but had absolutely no service or support

Positives:

Gorrin: Tackled well, put a foot in, made some hefty challenges, and some blocks. Well done him

Sykes: Not great going forwards but at least he’s run around a lot

Long: He’s not really a centre back so he’s done ok despite being partly at fault for the goal

Positives - we kept it to a single goal.... So the come back is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom