Away Match Day Thread 17-10-2020 L1 Peterborough United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’d drawn 0-0 every game we’d have a grand total of 2 more points than we do now. That would put us 19th.
Which wouldn't be brilliant I agree, but still better than where we are now.
Having a solid defence behind them would also give a few more opportunities to the offensive players and do wonders for morale.

McGuane!?

Kelly and Clare (maybe not after today) too ...

KR pulling no punches. He’s saying the right things but it’s what the more sensible minded of us on here have said since last season finished - sort the defence out. Bring in a left back to challenge Ruffels, bring in another option so there’s not so much pressure on Mous to play and have a pacey full back option. We only ended up with the latter ...

Last edited:
If you don't score, you don't win and if you don't score pressure builds on the defence. Scoring puts pressure on the opponents and their defence instead.
If you dont concede you dont lose which puts pressure on their defence because one slip up and theyre done.

Not sure why your arguing against having more points and being higher in the table!
Because just one win, in one game, would give more points than all those clean sheets put together!!

Yes we need to tighten up at the back, and stop conceding. But if we don’t start scoring goals we will be in real trouble!!

This time last year (relatively speaking) we were absolute s**t and we all said we are a striker away from a reasonable team. And that if we got injuries we would be in trouble. We got Taylor and the rest is history but we did also get lucky with injuries.

I think we need to breathe and let KR do what can be done in the free agent market/with the cap and get the key players back from injury. Gorrin and Brannagan are massive in this team and improve every area of the pitch between them. We shouldn't be trying to fix this one day after the window closes and performances have been worrying but KR isn't suddenly a fool.

The difficulty is going to be getting players out to free up spaces/budget i suspect. That's something Lord Wilder was brilliant at.

We all want the same thing success for the club, whatever side of the fence we are on. We all want to beat them' next Saturday, and we all want a club to watch in the future.

Sometimes it's not just about hoping that there will be a club there to watch next season, however they play, but about the fact that will you be able to be there to see the next win, goal or game.

After every bad result or bad performance this place goes into melt down how long before people start calling for KR to get sacked we all knew that today we wasn’t going to get a result and if we did we’d have had to play bloody well
We know there’s weaknesses in our team we know certain players aren’t quite up to the mark just yet but come on let’s try and support this team as much as we possibly can ATM
Do I think we will get relegated no chance under KR we always start slow that’s why we miss out come the end of the season because we are always playing catch up but I’m going to stick my tin hat on and say we will reach the play off come may

This time last year (relatively speaking) we were absolute s**t and we all said we are a striker away from a reasonable team. And that if we got injuries we would be in trouble. We got Taylor and the rest is history but we did also get lucky with injuries.

I think we need to breathe and let KR do what can be done in the free agent market/with the cap and get the key players back from injury. Gorrin and Brannagan are massive in this team and improve every area of the pitch between them. We shouldn't be trying to fix this one day after the window closes and performances have been worrying but KR isn't suddenly a fool.

The difficulty is going to be getting players out to free up spaces/budget i suspect. That's something Lord Wilder was brilliant at.
As well as nicking an early goal and then parking the the bus. Not pretty but what we could do with right now

Agree on the whole but think that's harsh on sykes, he was our most dangerous player until he got subbed. Crossing could be a little better but he is so skillful and such a willing runner.
I agree, but he's been here a while now, and for all his skill and talent, his final ball is still almost always a let down, and it's starting to get on my tits

We desperately need Gorrin starting every week in the midfield. He will give some much needed protection to the back four and he covers the ground and makes himself available as an outlet when we're passing out. Forde and Henry on today's showing must start too as must Taylor up front. We are desperately lacking some leadership and communication at the back. Long is not a L1 standard CB, much as I love him and his OTID attitude, and it just goes to show how fragile/threadbare we are back there. Clare is a far better RWB/RM than he is right back. Take the attacking element out of his game by pegging him back in his own half and he is nowhere near as good/effective. Sykes doesn't look really on it at the moment, but then few of them do!

One thing that struck me about last season is that they were largely a team that thrived on momentum. That is something we will struggle to create this season the way things are currently and with the injuries we have already had.

Our start is clearly worse than last season (only marginally, mind) and whilst I don't think the squad is quite on a par with last season, I think there are signs they could come good IF we have that solid base to build from that Gorrin will at least in part give us. We've also got to cut out the silly goals. We were our own worst enemy with both today....Ruffs, Long AND Eastwood all coul've done better for the first IMHO and Easty was beaten through his legs for the 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom