Away Match Day Thread 17-10-2020 L1 Peterborough United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Posh play the long ball well we build from the back and spend 10 mins passing around then lose the ball but with an odd time we manage to go forward

Why the hell is Robinson the only one who didn't think we needed new defenders and keeper? Baffling and incompetent management.

Can COVID abandon the season please?

Looking our only hope of staying up this season at the moment. We can't hit a barn door with a machine gun and can't go a full half without making a mistake in defence.

I think we count ourselves lucky its only 1-0. Posh should of scored atleast 3.

Positives: didn't shy away after a scary opening 10 minutes. We actually played some good stuff for a lot of that half.

Agyei and sykes look decent as do forde and Henry in centre midfield.

Negatives: no goals again...

Same poor defending costing us a goal

Ruffels is being run ragged at left back

What does Kelly actually give us? Does he touch the ball, does he tackle? I forgot he was playing. To play in his role you have to be noticeable in the game. Gorrin would be snapping into tackles and receiving the ball whenever he can.

Looking our only hope of staying up this season at the moment. We can't hit a barn door with a machine gun and can't go a full half without making a mistake in defence.

I think we count ourselves lucky its only 1-0. Posh should of scored atleast 3.
Should have.
But they didn’t .
We’re still in the game .

We dominated the half after Peterborough had the best of the first ten minutes. Yes they had chances but so did we, plenty of them, and we should have done better with some of them.

I saw the replay of the Agyei chance and the defender is behind him, on the floor, dragging him back by the shirt, which he has a firm fistful of. How the referee or linesman doesn’t see that I will never know. It’s a blatant, blatant foul and definitely stopped him getting to the ball as well. Sickening that we didn’t get a penalty there.

Ruffels is struggling big time. We wouldn’t have conceded that goal with a full time CB playing I don’t think, although Long has been ok to be fair to him.

Sykes has played well and looks good, I like Henry in CM as well. Taylor hasn’t really had much service.

Overall a shame we went in 1-0 down but nothing to be too worried about. If we keep playing like this (and how we did last week) surely we will start to score and win.

It was all very well bringing on a LW but that won’t help our defending which had been poor all season, it could be a long season ahead. We need Gorrin back but it didn’t sound good about Cam.... Long is not competent as a left sided CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom