Away Match Day Thread 17-10-2020 L1 Peterborough United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only see a defeat today there attackers against our defence is a frightening thought BUT it’s Oxford and as I’m sure like me many have realised over the years not to rule anything out so 3-1 to posh but could be 5-0 to us who knows

Head says 2-1, heart says 2-2. We played well last week but could not convert chances, however, I expect posh to be much better opposition.

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Brannagan
Henry Taylor Agyei​

Yep, that’s the best XI we have. The defence suffers from not having Dickie but that’s not the fault of Atkinson who does look capable.

Another option was needed but there but not according to KR ... The lack of any clean sheet so far is testament to that.

As for today’s game, gimme a point now. I think we’ll be lucky to get one.

I don’t think this is going to end well , the defending is a major problem and Peterborough could ruin us , i hope this Is wrong and we hold our own against a good forward line . A draw would be a major step , but can’t see it. Sorry for being down beat!

4 nil to Posh unfortunately. Their attack against our defence is going to be somewhat of a mismatch.

How close to first team quality is this seven-named geezer from QPR?

I know he won’t start straight away but will he come into the 11/18 over the next few weeks?

Let's hope we do get the first choice back 6. Baby steps and all, but I would be pretty happy if we don't concede and go from there!

Given all the indications that there will be lots of goals, I’m going for a tetchy and underwhelming 0-0.

its matchday , pre match optimism, plus a bit of blind faith and belief in the squad- add in hope it all comes good too- are running high with me at the moment,... I fancy a 1-2 away win with Tayls & Henry sharing the spoils

Last edited:
They are unquestionably one of the big hitters in this league. Their failure to be promoted last season must have stung.
I know ours did.
We really need a good result to get the season going what with the poor start and all that shite with Crewe, but this will be a tough one.
They are well set for another good season so a point would be good - 3 would be outstanding.Coyy!

Reckon we’ll get trounced to be honest. Game comes too early for us to find any form. Might not be an emphatic shoreline but can see us being outplayed for long periods. Midweek distraction won’t have helped.

2-0 Posh

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Brannagan
Henry Taylor Agyei​
I have sleepless nights over that defence!!

I doubt this is a game Robinson has budgeted any points from but hopefully we can nick a point and try and get some form together before the Swindon game next week. Unfortunately I think it'll be a repeat of the 4-0 defeat we suffered last year though. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Reckon we’ll get trounced to be honest. Game comes too early for us to find any form. Might not be an emphatic shoreline but can see us being outplayed for long periods. Midweek distraction won’t have helped.

2-0 Posh
I could have sworn Peterborough was inland.

2-0 Posh

Could be a rocky afternoon with having to defend wave after wave of posh attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom