Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/09/19 L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC +++

As dear old Queasy Jet have broken their aeroplane, Mrs Lounger and I are now sitting in Chania Airport for the next 5 hours. ETA Gatwick 20:15 and our taxi has another job which will delay him as well.
I can see that the Greek airforce run some rather nippy fighter jets out of here, I wonder if any of their pilots would like a few bob on the side?

I know that many on here are a little pessimistic, or too used to seeing Oxford struggle in games which we should win at a stroll, but this really should be a walkover!

Look at the odds. You can get 33/1 for Bolton to win 1 nil. But Oxford winning 5 nil is only 22/1. It really would be shocking to see anything but a heavy away win.

I'm sure that we'll still start with 9 or 10 who started on Saturday and will need to play with discipline, but everyone should fancy getting on the score sheet tonight. Woodburn and Taylor should absolutely tear them apart and go into the Lincoln game buzzing.

To be honest we could play an under-9s side and people would still be saying "tough game, we don't do well against teams like this".
We SHOULD win at a canter...but OUFC don't do "should".

Same as Saturday, 3-0 to us.

Tonight’s game reminds me abit like gills a few years back when they hadn’t won away for like ever come to the breeze block and win 1-0 I hope we win we should win but I dunno if we will win COYY

Tonight’s game reminds me abit like gills a few years back when they hadn’t won away for like ever come to the breeze block and win 1-0 I hope we win we should win but I dunno if we will win COYY
This was such a poor game for us , even for a breeze block game! The whole day was rubbish , the players did not turn up , and fans did not as well , the Gills fans , was made up on that result I recall.

Even , so this must be a win , from what I saw of the highlights at the weekend , total no defending from them!
So 0-1 at the very least!

That's me stuffed then as i have them in an ante post bet..next you'll be telling me there's no oil been found under the Kassam :)

If it really is such an easy game as some suggesting maybe we should play a rotated team:

Stevens
Long Dickie Jones Berkoe
Gorrin Mousinho
Lofthouse Woodburn Forde
Taylor

;)

Expecting a regulation victory tonight against, lets be honest, a team of makeweights. Settle in, score early, and then improve goal average. Nothing less will do.

If it really is such an easy game as some suggesting maybe we should play a rotated team:

Stevens
Long Dickie Jones Berkoe
Gorrin Mousinho
Lofthouse Woodburn Forde
Taylor

;)

Probably still only need 8 of that side to win!!!

My side

Easty

Cadden
Dickie
Mousinho
Berkoe

Gorrin
Brannagan

Henry
Woodburn
Forde

Taylor