Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/08/2019 L1: Blackpool v OUFC +++

I really like that side. Only missing Agyei on the bench, but Woodburn can do a job (of sorts) if needed.

Gorrin and Hanson give plenty of battle and bit in midfield, which is what we missed on our away trips last season.
And the midfield should be tighter too, so making us harder to break down

Worried about the lack of pace in midfield, would rather have seen someone like sykes in midfield who's a bit faster, not too worried as we have options on the bench

Brannagan is going to be able to play so high. ??

He's better coming on to the game (as he has done in the three games so far this season) imo.

I'm not really a fan of that line up unfortunately. Would've gone with more of a straight swap and brought in either Forde or Sykes into the three behind the striker.

Still, here's hoping we can keep the positive start going. As mentioned in another thread I'm worried this may be the match where our lack of striking options catches up with us.

Taking all of that into account it'll probably end up 0-3 Oxford with a Brannagan hattrick.

Happy with that team. Allows Brannagan more freedom with Hanson and Gorrin covering.

Jay Spearing a big miss for Blackpool.

It shows you how far we have come when we have the prospect of Mackie holding the ball up for Brannagan, Woodburn and Henry to come on to whilst still having Hanson and Gorrin holding in the middle, and that is seen as being a bit weak!!! We are missing the explicit pace of Fosu but should still be able to break with numbers and quality that would scare most teams in this league. And let's not kid ourselves that Blackpool are all that! They're big standard in my view and are there for the taking!!

If they had worn white shorts, it could have been all white tonight if we win.

ECLLR3zXYAA58w5

I really like that side. Only missing Agyei on the bench, but Woodburn can do a job (of sorts) if needed.

Gorrin and Hanson give plenty of battle and bit in midfield, which is what we missed on our away trips last season.
KR suggesting thats a 4-3-3 formation.

Surprised he's changed formation really, when he could've simply replaced Fosu with Sykes, and kept the 4-2-3-1 thats worked so well.

However, with Hanson in instead of Sykes, it does make us harder to break down, which is always important away from home, and means we can switch back and forth from a 4-3-3 to 4-3-2-1 quite easily, which will help in and out of possession, and keep Blackpool guessing!

Feeling pretty confident about today.

COYY

KR suggesting thats a 4-3-3 formation.

Surprised he's changed formation really, when he could've simply replaced Fosu with Sykes, and kept the 4-2-3-1 thats worked so well.

However, with Hanson in instead of Sykes, it does make us harder to break down, which is always important away from home, and means we can switch back and forth from a 4-3-3 to 4-3-2-1 quite easily, which will help in and out of possession, and keep Blackpool guessing!

Feeling pretty confident about today.

COYY

Bear in mind we were playing 4-3-3 during our incredible run at the end of last season, so it's not necessarily a massive change in tactics.

Afternoon, battling with a one year old constantly trying to turn the router off so hopefully I can catch the whole game!

Back
Top Bottom