Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/08/2019 L1: Blackpool v OUFC +++

I would love to win this one and think we are capable of getting 3 points, however I would be happy with a draw, so we remain unbeaten, but it wouldn’t be a disaster to lose, we are learning to play together as a team.
I hope my predictions are right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not got a great feeling about this one, so I’d say we’ll lose 2-0, but hope I’m wrong. COYY, continue with the great start.

ECJ_PADX4AEd-TD

Les Taylor bagged a brace at Bloomfield Road in January 1980 in a 2-1 victory.

Oxford played in a white Adidas away kit that day.

Blackpool havestrated well but have given up a lot of shots in the last 2 games! 18 vs Southend, 15 vs Bristol Rovers...plus rovers hit the post twice - we will have chances.

We have been defensively solid - relying on Woodburn/Henry to tuck one away.

Mackie gave Tilt a horrible time last year - more of the same today!

2-0 Woodburn/Henry
Interesting stats.
Have Blackpool had a lot of shots in those 2 games or were they lucky in both?

Assuming Fosu is unavailable:

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin
Henry Woodburn Sykes
Mackie

1-2 away win. (Henry, Woodburn)

Blackpool will be our toughest test so far this season I think, so I would happily settle for a draw, but also feel we've got enough to come away with the win.

COYY

Is Fosu still injured?

If not, I’d start with him and Skyes, replacing Henry. I’d also start with Mous over Moore, just don’t think it’s not fair to drop Mous re; earlier team selection post.

Interesting stats.

Blackpool had 8 shots, 3 on target against Southend and were 3 up before going down to 10 men on 60 mins

Interesting stats.
Also they had 14 shots to 15 against Rovers and less possession so not exactly great stars for them.
Can see Southend and Rovers both struggling this year compared to our good results against promotion tipped teams

0-2 to us, fancy us for this, COYY’s - Brannagan and Sykes

Is Fosu still injured?

If not, I’d start with him and Skyes, replacing Henry. I’d also start with Mous over Moore, just don’t think it’s not fair to drop Mous re; earlier team selection post.
I agree, if Fosu is fit to play, then start him in place of Sykes, but to drop Henry? No way! Along with Dickie and Brannagan, Henry has been outstanding so far this season, and is surely one of the first names on the team sheet, at the moment.

I also agree, that performing as well as he is at the moment, Mous should keep his place, which is why I selected him and not Moore, I only selected Moore in a previous team selection, as he is surely going to end up being the first choice CB alongside Dickie, and I wasn't sure Mous would be consistent enough to keep Moore out the team, but at the moment he's performing very well, and deserves to keep his place.

Good to have the luxury of such selection headaches though eh?

I agree, if Fosu is fit to play, then start him in place of Sykes, but to drop Henry? No way! Along with Dickie and Brannagan, Henry has been outstanding so far this season, and is surely one of the first names on the team sheet, at the moment.

I also agree, that performing as well as he is at the moment, Mous should keep his place, which is why I selected him and not Moore, I only selected Moore in a previous team selection, as he is surely going to end up being the first choice CB alongside Dickie, and I wasn't sure Mous would be consistent enough to keep Moore out the team, but at the moment he's performing very well, and deserves to keep his place.

Good to have the luxury of such selection headaches though eh?
Henry is immense at the mo. Looks like he has his mojo back. We need him playing.

In the early kick-off it's Sunderland 0 Portsmouth 1. Place all bets on a draw folks.

Hate to say it but I think we will come second. So hope I am wrong. Mellow and kip will be in their element

Where has that come from?
For the record, if i like something, I'll be positive about it, if I dont I wont. Try reading past posts, assuming you can read.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom