Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/08/2019 L1: Blackpool v OUFC +++

We’re playing some excellent stuff at the moment and while Blackpool have started well, I fancy our two opening fixtures have been tougher than theirs.
Every confidence that we can go there and win so, like others already have alluded - Woodburn to score, Oxford to win.

Hate to say it but I think we will come second. So hope I am wrong. Mellow and kip will be in their element

If KR has done his homework, and I feel sure he has, then I can see us coming away with all three points. team spirit is high, quality of play is good and we have numbers on the bench and on the pitch.
The Loungers have got a prior booking in Bournemouth so it's ifollow + Radox for us. Will be meeting up with brother and his wife, sadly he is a Chelsea fan (not supporter, of course!) Chance to take the P**s again after their opening spell! :ROFLMAO:

Arguably a bigger test than Sunderland or Peterborough.

They've got a really decent squad, without many major names, that look to be playing for each other, with a positive atmosphere around the club. Sound familiar?

I put some money on a top 6 finish for Blackpool at the start of the season, and they look like they should be there or thereabouts by the end of the season.

Anything more than a draw and I'm right there at the front of the promotion train.

However, I'll go semi-positive for now and opt for a 1-1 draw. Brannagan has got his his eye in, and goes 3/3 with a belter from outside the box.

I feel the clamber for Matt Taylor will be felt by JM and he will do a real job for us here. I go for a 1-3 to the yellows

1-2

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Woodburn Sykes
Mackie

Bench: Stevens Hanson Mousinho Baptiste Forde Fosu Agyei

Think we'll see a few surprises on the bench with Baptiste and Agyei especially with Robinson making these Baptiste comments this week.

Goal from Gorrin and Henry

Last edited:
1-2

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Woodburn Sykes
Mackie

Bench: Stevens Hanson Mousinho Baptiste Hall Fosu Agyei

Think we'll see a few surprises on the bench with Baptiste and Agyei especially with Robinson making these Baptiste comments this week.

Goal from Gorrin and Henry

I thought Baptiste comments were in line with him making his return next week? Unless he wants to make it a nicer surprise this weekend...

EB3ebS-X4AIw6gp

Bloomfield Road pitch looking good.

I'd definitely take a draw. Continue the season unbeaten and keep the pattern going of win at home and draw away

But in all seriousness, I think a low scoring draw. We’ve shown a newfound ability to stifle opponents and shut down games, and I wouldn’t be surprised, given their start, that we adopt this cautious approach. 0-0 or 1-1 for me.

If Fosu can’t start we’re pretty lacking in pace and I think we’ll therefore struggle in this one. If he pulls through... we’ll see.

Either way, I do love to be beside the seaside. Weather is looking a bit blowy, mind. Might not be one for the purists!

Back
Top Bottom