Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/08/2019 L1: Blackpool v OUFC +++

Post Match Reaction :

Blackpool Gazette reporter Matt Scrafton writes:

“ Take the three points and run. Run as fast as you can and don’t look back.That would be my advice,
for this was a theft as brazen as the Great Train Robbery in 1962.”

Blimey! Not often you see that level of praise from the local away media. Also rare these days to see such energetic, readable journalism. Fair play. Cheers for sharing.

I think this will be the first time that I watch the whole broadcast following a defeat..

Usually I've kicked the cat, drank a bottle of plonk and banned any mention of football in the house.

Just watched the extended highlights thinking you lot were surely exaggerating a bit. But no. Wow. How did we not win that?! Mackie really really should have scored that chance in the first half where he’s free at the back post with the goal gaping and the ball at his feet. I like the guy, and he does bring things to the team, but he doesn’t seem to be a natural finisher.

I’m pretty sure I’m not the first one to say this but add a poacher type who finishes chances and we should do pretty well (and that’s not always been true of Oxford teams - I’ve seen sides who could have the foxiest fox in the box up top and not win as all they did was hoof the ball long every two minutes)

I just really hope the lads don’t get downhearted and keep playing like this. I might go along on Tuesday now!

Just watched the extended highlights thinking you lot were surely exaggerating a bit. But no. Wow. How did we not win that?! Mackie really really should have scored that chance in the first half where he’s free at the back post with the goal gaping and the ball at his feet. I like the guy, and he does bring things to the team, but he doesn’t seem to be a natural finisher.

I’m pretty sure I’m not the first one to say this but add a poacher type who finishes chances and we should do pretty well (and that’s not always been true of Oxford teams - I’ve seen sides who could have the foxiest fox in the box up top and not win as all they did was hoof the ball long every two minutes)

I just really hope the lads don’t get downhearted and keep playing like this. I might go along on Tuesday now!

Can I just point out that was a weaker side aswell. No Fosu,Agyei and Baptiste to come in, No no.9 and one winger short.

We will be up there this season with displays like that.

Had £20 on us to win the league after Peterborough, round 1.
I’d already seen enough to know we have a great chance to be promoted this season.

Any players watching our first 3 league games will be wanting to get on this train or they’re nuts!

Had £20 on us to win the league after Peterborough, round 1.
I’d already seen enough to know we have a great chance to be promoted this season.

Any players watching our first 3 league games will be wanting to get on this train or they’re nuts!

What odds? We were 25’s at the start of the season.

Pool fan here, must admit we won't get a luckier three points all season, you lot played us off the park, just shows why we love this game, sometimes you don't get what you deserve and sometimes you do. Robinson has got your lads playing the right way, short free kicks to feet, passing the ball around, players showng for each other and it was a pleasure to watch. Couple of observations, I was disappointed with Woodburn, big things are expected of him t Liverpool, I didn't see that today as he was not the threat I expected. Finally Mackie appears to be the biggest bell end around, and this division has its fair share! Good luck for the season, I'm sure it will be a good one.
Eh , Mackie is not a ? end , he is one of reasons we stayed up last season! His goal against Bradford with like 20 secs to go was style and the start of our push up! Maybe not a good game for him at Blackpool but on his day a top player?

Back
Top Bottom