Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/08/2019 L1: Blackpool v OUFC +++

Afternoon lads / lasses, Blackpool fan here...

First of I don’t know how the f*ck we got anything from that game - we were abysmal...

As Grayson has said you guys dominated us in every department and we rode our luck to a new level. Luckily for us you guys just looked a final cutting edge.

I’m not sure either way if the first penalty decision was correct - waiting for quest later before making a decision with regards to that... I do feel there was a clear push on our defender on the build up to your goal and was fuming we couldn’t hold out till half time... I stuck £20 on oxford to win at HT in accordance with how the game was planning out, also cannot believe the ref didn’t give a pen to us 5 mins in the second half, as people have said further up, he bottled it!

Reading up it’s clear you lot didn’t think the ref was fit either... I can confirm from our point of view he was also fking useless, completely lost control of the game - I hope I never see the arrogant tw*t again.

It’s clear on our part we need another 3/4 more signings to have any chance of being up there near the end of the season. Spearing was a huge miss for us today.

You guys look set for a solid season and would not be surprised to see you in the battle for promotion, just need to find that out and out striker ?

Anyway - yeah unlucky today, I promise we will give you a better game next time.

If Robinson is meeting a decent striker tonight all he needs to do is show him the dvd of today’s match and say ‘we want you to be the spearhead for this team’. The first thing the striker in question will do is go straight home and clear a space on his mantelpiece for the golden boot award!

And dig out his DVD player from 2009!!! ??

First of I don’t know how the f*ck we got anything from that game - we were abysmal...

As Grayson has said you guys dominated us in every department and we rode our luck to a new level. Luckily for us you guys just looked a final cutting edge.

I’m not sure either way if the first penalty decision was correct - waiting for quest later before making a decision with regards to that... I do feel there was a clear push on our defender on the build up to your goal and was fuming we couldn’t hold out till half time... I stuck £20 on oxford to win at HT in accordance with how the game was planning out, also cannot believe the ref didn’t give a pen to us 5 mins in the second half, as people have said further up, he bottled it!

Reading up it’s clear you lot didn’t think the ref was fit either... I can confirm from our point of view he was also fking useless, completely lost control of the game - I hope I never see the arrogant tw*t again.

It’s clear on our part we need another 3/4 more signings to have any chance of being up there near the end of the season. Spearing was a huge miss for us today.

You guys look set for a solid season and would not be surprised to see you in the battle for promotion, just need to find that out and out striker ?

Anyway - yeah unlucky today, I promise we will give you a better game next time.

Fair play mate, good luck for the rest of the season ?

Just arrived at the holiday house in Scotland after the stop off in Blackpool. More than one Blackpool fan apologised to me on the way back to the car - "You should have won by four or five" and even the guy on the checkout in Aldi down the road said "I heard it was all Oxford". Yes buddy it was. Just need that killer touch near goal and avoid some referee shockers!!! Hey ho.

Shame we only have 4 points from the opening 9 as we should probably have all of them, suppose it shows what we all, including Robinson, know. We just need some extra firepower in the final third to turn all this possession and chances into the goals to get us up there this season. While we are waiting for these extra players we need to not fall to far behind, 3 points on Tuesday will help with that.
Yes we certainly should have had at least 7 points. Not having a finisher up front is already costing us. The really annoying thing is we really should have had it sorted well before now. Mackie puts himself about and runs around a lot but he is very poor in front of goal and its goals we need badly. A good striker would have got at least two today. The supply is there.

Prepared to say we are really on to something.
We are almost there as regards the squad.
Just that finisher in the door and we are going places.
Whoever that striker turns out to be, he had better be ready to convert the bucket loads of chances that will come his way from a side rich in talent.
If ever there was an opportunity for an ambitious striker to make a name for himself, it is right here, right now.

Just back and I'll tell you what, we were superb. A half decent striker with technical ability and we win that by 3 or 4. Mackie miss in the first half is atrocious just needed to toe poke it and Woodburn showed moments of brilliance but drifted from the game to often.

Quality passing football Blackpool couldn't live with us chasing shadows countless times. Some of the deliveries we put into the box were top notch and a Matty Taylor would get 20+ goals in this team with balls like that.

Referee a joke to not give us atleast one penalty especially after giving them the one he did. Dickie was getting manhandled in the box every set piece and eventually got pushed to the ground when he was in the air. Ref didn't want to here it though.

One player I want to point out for a great performance is Hanson. Yes he was shaky first 20 and gave the ball a way a few times but after that he was superb. Broke up play nicely, put his body on the line a few times and was unlucky to score. We are starting to see glimpses of the player we thought we signed.

Thanks for the input ..... but as you say a finisher that we lack is apparently en route so next time we meet I think youl be fooked lol best regards and bon courage

Not sure if I have ever seen an away team dominate the play in the way we did today. It was a super performance by the whole team today and Blackpool couldn’t live with our passing game, but it was a performance we can all be proud of.
It might sound odd with Blackpool top of the league but I would be more worried about this season if I were a Blackpool fan than I am being an U’S supporter.
Well done today lads, can’t wait for Tuesday.

COYY

Can I just point out that was a weaker side aswell. No Fosu,Agyei and Baptiste to come in, No no.9 and one winger short.

We will be up there this season with displays like that.

Pool fan here, must admit we won't get a luckier three points all season, you lot played us off the park, just shows why we love this game, sometimes you don't get what you deserve and sometimes you do. Robinson has got your lads playing the right way, short free kicks to feet, passing the ball around, players showng for each other and it was a pleasure to watch. Couple of observations, I was disappointed with Woodburn, big things are expected of him t Liverpool, I didn't see that today as he was not the threat I expected. Finally Mackie appears to be the biggest bell end around, and this division has its fair share! Good luck for the season, I'm sure it will be a good one.

Back
Top Bottom