Home Match Day Thread 17-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like we just need kip to go to the park or KFC, and then everything will be fine.

I actually know a Gills fan, who’s really nice! I couldn’t gloat but sympathised with him over their choice of manager

Don’t know about you lot but been on the P**s ever since the final whistle. Must be a case for making Sam Long Lord Lieutenant of Oxfordshire.

We won that game because he kept going plus the subs were very effective. Today reminded me so much of the play off final, but this time we got the subs right.

On the debit side, really missed Sykes and Barker. There is a paper mache quality to our defending but we still won.

If we win on Tuesday playoffs are really on.
COYY

Does anyone else think Brannagan has a confidence issue?
As a huge match moves into it’s last knockings and with the clocking ticking down ever more quickly and the Gills’ players looking mentally
and physically fatigued after a superb 70 minute performance , Brannagan pulls out of the top drawer a forty five yard ‘Hollywood’ pass to find Sam Long in the six yard box. Long coolly steers the magnificent forward, angled, pass wide of Jack Bonham and into the bottom corner.

Not holding out too much hope on Tuesday for results elsewhere going our way. It doesn’t always pan out the way you think but most fixtures look pretty straightforward for the teams around us.

As a huge match moves into it’s last knockings and with the clocking ticking down ever more quickly and the Gills’ players looking mentally
and physically fatigued after a superb 70 minute performance , Brannagan pulls out of the top drawer a forty five yard ‘Hollywood’ pass to find Sam Long in the six yard box. Long coolly steers the magnificent forward, angled, pass wide of Jack Bonham and into the bottom corner.
I think this (very nicely written!) description works for CB when he's in the final third of the pitch. Unfortunately, in the Gorrin role he spends most of his time in his own half or just over the halfway line. His style doesn't work there, because he's too deep to be playing those marquee passes or having a blistering shot. He switches to a give-and-go style which almost always involves him passing backwards or horizontally.

Not holding out too much hope on Tuesday for results elsewhere going our way. It doesn’t always pan out the way you think but most fixtures look pretty straightforward for the teams around us.
If we win all our remaining games we will be in the playoffs despite what anyone else does...any veering off this path then it is on the vagaries of other results.

If we win all our remaining games we will be in the playoffs despite what anyone else does...any veering off this path then it is on the vagaries of other results.
Agree. 4 more wins and we’re there 🤞🙏

I actually know a Gills fan, who’s really nice! I couldn’t gloat but sympathised with him over their choice of manager
I also have a good friend who is a Gills fan he also doesn’t want Evans as their manager
He said on balance over the two games with the Gills 3 points each is a fair outcome come. He sad he still doesn’t know how we lost down there having missed so many glorious chances. Whereas yesterday we outfought and out thought for 75 minutes then took 3/3 chances

I agree that's likely that we will be if we do, but no - strictly we are not yet masters of our own destiny.

Stark reality is that Charlton, Pompey and Doncaster will all go above us if they all win all their games and we're presently battling for the one place in the four-team lottery that we currently occupy - unless the wheels fall badly off Blackpool, Lincoln or Sun'lun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom