Home Match Day Thread 17-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do RBL fall foul of the ownership rules over there? Thought that clubs had to be 51% fan owned?

Do RBL fall foul of the ownership rules over there? Thought that clubs had to be 51% fan owned?
The 50+1 rule is to do with the voting rights of the club only. And here's where it gets iffy. Extreme example is Hoffenheim, another odious "construct" ran by the head of SAP. This chap holds 96% of the capital of the club, but only 49% of the voting rights, so it is perfectly legal. In the case of Leipzig, the complete voting rights are held by 7 (in words, seven) members, who are the only "members" with such voting rights. You can apply to be a "club supporter", but not a voting member. These seven people are all high-ranking members of the company Red Bull GmbH who own the club. Fair to say that their AGM is a quick and hitch-free business!

To be fair, German fans stuck to their principles and hate RBL. If English fans had shown the same attitude we wouldn't be in this mess with the Premiershit. Hope Oxford fans remember this when we are mega huge.

To be fair, German fans stuck to their principles and hate RBL. If English fans had shown the same attitude we wouldn't be in this mess with the Premiershit. Hope Oxford fans remember this when we are mega huge.
I started to get worried we were going down that route when we accepted shirt sponsorship from Animaltes and Black'n'Rounds! :)

RBL snuck around the rules. Their real name is something like RassenBallsport Leipzig (red bull)

Greed stole the game. Oxford still has the soul. For now

A quick mention for Alex McDonald, was dragging his feet at the final whistle and
was last man off the pitch, obviously loved his time here with us and i`m happy
for the fella that he has managed to make a career in L1.

A good guy that will always get a clap from me.

I don’t think anyone is guaranteed player of the season yet - there’s still at least four games to go, and possibly seven! If Matty Taylor scores two goals a game and fires us into the playoffs, finishing on 30 goals for the season, would you really say he wasn’t player of the year?

I agree, at the moment Sam Long would definitely get my vote, but I think that the likes of Jack Stevens, Elliott Moore and Rob Atkinson all have the ability and credit in the bank to do amazing things in the last 4-7 games and pip him to the post...

If Taylor did that he would be player of the month but not year. He had quite a few bad months and there are more consistent candidates to consider for a seasons work

So I’m watching the game on I player and when their second goal went in I said to my wife I’m going to light the bbq, she taps on the window to say it’s 2-1 so I came in and I said yeah but I can’t see them scoring another, went back outside, another tap on the window 2-2, came back in and said bloody he’ll that’s a good point, went back outside and the rest is history, Never leave early folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom