Home Match Day Thread 17-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated L1 table after Peterboro 3-1 Northampton last night:

EzH3-FIXMAM2Pdo

Auto places now officially out of reach 🙁

Personally, I’d like to see them forgot about the playoffs and play the next 2 or 3 games with a bit of freedom and really express themselves. Like we’ve seen in the last two games.
What’s different? I’d guess they’ve been thinking about the play offs in the last 2 games and have fine alright!

Think this is going to be one of those games where we are going to draw or lose and it's not going to be our fault. A dodgy penalty or crucial red card, paired with the Gills goal having a charmed life. Evans may very well be a diabolical person, but his teams are what we don't like playing against ordinarily. Need to be canny and not get drawn in by the sh*thousery.

I would sacrifice Sykes for Gorrin, as good as Sykes has been these past few games. Possibly Shodipo for Barker depending on how he has recovered.

COYY!
Agree. Got a bad feeling about today.

I don't think a draw totally rules us out of the playoff race, but a loss certainly does. I'm going to say a very frustrating 0-0 - back to earth with a bump.

What’s different? I’d guess they’ve been thinking about the play offs in the last 2 games and have fine alright!
It might be a coincidence, but after the Easter weekend the playoffs seemed out of our reach, and then we put in 2 great performances.
I think pressured games have been this sides achilles heel over the last few seasons.

Best today would be if both Kr and Evans were banished to the stands. A lot less shouting.

It might be a coincidence, but after the Easter weekend the playoffs seemed out of our reach, and then we put in 2 great performances.
I think pressured games have been this sides achilles heel over the last few seasons.
Well
Taking that at face value, there is no point reaching the playoffs or indeed ever getting into a playoff position
Lucky we are not in the bottom six either

We don’t like real, genuine pressure; we like chasing the pack and being the outsiders / underdogs.
⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

Has to be a win or playoffs over

No tinkering, though if Barker not fit a hard call.
Gorrin or Shrop

Money on again so hoping for a hatrick of another enhanced bank balance
COYY

We don’t like real, genuine pressure; we like chasing the pack and being the outsiders / underdogs. The next 9/10 games will tell us whether that’s about to change.

Acid test today then. Gills are in the last chance saloon for play offs and we are only just one pace ahead of them. Expect a lot of needle today.

With most of the league playing at 12.30 we will know if a win will take us into the play off positions before kicking off.

A hard earned 2:1 win to the mighty yellows. It ain’t going to be pretty COYY

Just to add to the Steve Evans catalogue ....

This is one of my favourite football memories involving the late, great, Mickey Lewis.
I took my then 15 year old step daughter to her first home game about 8/9 years ago with Evans as the opposition manager. (? Stevenage ?Crawley).
We were sitting in the SSU.

After the game we were upstairs in the sponsors lounge chatting with Mickey. He asked her if she had enjoyed the game. Bless her for being so politically correct, but she said she was surprised by the abusive racist language. She said she had heard someone shout "You fat Scottish bastard" at Evans.
To which Mickey and I replied in perfect unison "But he is!"
Mickey then put his hands gently over her ears, making sure that she would be able to hear, and added with a big smile ....
.... "And he was a complete w****r when he was a player too!"

Just love it!

Will be difficult today, both clubs need to win a draw isn’t much good for either side.
should be a good contest but hope we can come through it with another 3 points.

3-1 to the U’S

Rochdale 1-0 up vs Accrington. Keeps the scum firmly at the bottom. Hope it stays that way.

Nope edited 1-1 now. Rochdale have one hell of a leaky defence.

Wigan are a goal up. If they win and so do Wimbledon, the fat lady will be ready to perform for Swindon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom