Votes: 49 66.2%
  • Gillingham

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree with trying to get an early goal and then trying to hang on! If there is one thing we are bad at consistently, it is that!
Exactly, when we score first and then hang on we consistently seem to do badly, sit deep, and concede. When we have done well, like in the last two games, is when we score first and then keep attacking, keep trying to score.

Exactly, when we score first and then hang on we consistently seem to do badly, sit deep, and concede. When we have done well, like in the last two games, is when we score first and then keep attacking, keep trying to score.
Blackpool beat these 4-1 the other week. The last thing we want is a scrappy game.

I'd rather see Agyei start than Shodipo for some reason.

We've been bad at hanging on and keeping tight since well before KR. As ever, we need to win the midfield, then we can murder them.

My head is saying set up defensively but something tells me we should go out all attacking, nab an early goal and hold on, preferably getting one of their less pleasant 'players' sent off in the process. As we saw with Wycombe, if they get an early goal they can just bully us and snatch the win, despite seemingly having no comprehension of how football works. If we get that goal, they're (hopefully) stuffed.

I feel like if we keep rolling out this same 11 then they'll get tired and lose their flow, but equally changing one part of it could lead to disaster. Shodipo in for Barker to prevent him aggravating his injury, other than that, if they can keep doing it like they we've seen they can, keep it coming!
5 x 90 minutes of ceaseless, unending attack please. We wrecked the possibility of being variable with the games against Accrington and Northampton. Only one way out now and that's balls to the wall attack.

450 minutes to save our season, gentlemen. Strap yourselves in!

5 x 90 minutes of ceaseless, unending attack please. We wrecked the possibility of being variable with the games against Accrington and Northampton. Only one way out now and that's balls to the wall attack.

450 minutes to save our season, gentlemen. Strap yourselves in!
Yes but we need to get hold of the ball first. Gills will break up play and make it hard for us to get going- we must find a way to deal with that

Can’t believe there is talk of Sykes getting dropped. Last 2 games have been his two best games in an Oxford shirt in my opinion
To play devil’s advocate on this, there is a question mark over his ability to impose himself in more physical games in central midfield and his last two games have been against teams with playing styles that would suit him. Gills will be a different challenge and it’ll be a big test to ensure we impose our style on them rather than the other way around. I’d go with the same team but wouldn’t be surprised if Gorrin came in and Sykes moved further forward.

To play devil’s advocate on this, there is a question mark over his ability to impose himself in more physical games in central midfield and his last two games have been against teams with playing styles that would suit him. Gills will be a different challenge and it’ll be a big test to ensure we impose our style on them rather than the other way around. I’d go with the same team but wouldn’t be surprised if Gorrin came in and Sykes moved further forward.
Why would we make changes. The main criticism of KR is the tweaks he makes. Let's impose our style on Gillingham and let them try to stay with us!

High press, Sykes to make it 11 scorers then Jack comes up for a corner to make it 12 in a last gasp 2-1 win.

It`s how we roll you know. :)

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Lee Taylor Agyei

SUBS: Shodipo, Kelly, Forde, Winnall, LCP, Hanson, Eastwood

Shame Barker is out, he was flying.

Nothing to lose, so go flat out, and for the throat, every game now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom