Home Match Day Thread +++ 17/02/2018 OUFC v Plymouth Argyle match day thread +++

Plymouth ain’t that good, we ain’t THAT bad, don’t think we’ve done a league double yet...law of averages says we’re gonna turn them over, probably 3-1.

In fact I’m straight off down the bookies with my next six months mortgage payments.

Looks like everyone else has had their say (4 hours of silence on the matchday thread), so I'll chirp up with a 2-2.

We'll almost certainly concede, I'm just hoping we have more positive energy on the flanks like we did against Charlton.

Looks like everyone else has had their say (4 hours of silence on the matchday thread), so I'll chirp up with a 2-2.

We'll almost certainly concede, I'm just hoping we have more positive energy on the flanks like we did against Charlton.
At both ends of the pitch. Fullbacks and wide midfielders need to find a way to stop the crosses coming in. Looking at the Rotherham highlights, their wide players were getting to the byeline and getting crosses in far too easily. The coaching staff need to sit ASB down in front of some Psycho Pearce YouTube vids

Brannagan available today hope he's the missing piece in this midfield jigsaw and he can bring some much needed creativity to the team.

At both ends of the pitch. Fullbacks and wide midfielders need to find a way to stop the crosses coming in. Looking at the Rotherham highlights, their wide players were getting to the byeline and getting crosses in far too easily. The coaching staff need to sit ASB down in front of some Psycho Pearce YouTube vids

Just watch ASB and Ruffels (?) for the Rotherham 3rd ?

I think our best possible lineup today is:

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho Ricardinho
IBR Rothwell Ledson Napa
Henry
Thomas

Hopefully Brannagan will feature at some point as well.

Also, I think I agree with the previous post that argued for GvK to be reincluded in the squad. If we find ourselves behind at any point he’s probably the best option to change things up. Whilst he does have many, many flaws, his pace and direct style is actually something that no one else offers.

Argyle do these nice little post-match videos, here's the one from Tuesday night versus the Wombles. It doesn't raise my confidence levels ahead of today's match, I'm always too optimistic anyway so I'm just leaving for the KassStad and have lowered my expectation levels to completely neutral. I'll be back later to see if that worked. :unsure:

Just about to leave, not at all confident, 1-3 Argyle.

This is what I said beforehand the Rotherham game, still applies.

Mousinho & Ruffels need a few games on the bench. Strengthen the midfield flanks, encourage the 2 young fullbacks to get forward. With Thomas & Obika plainly not fit I’d give Napa & B-R a chance to scare defenders with their pace and run the channels

Eastwood
Kane, Martin, Dickie, S-B
Henry, Ledson, Rothwell,Ricardinho
Napa, B-R

Look who I’ve just seen in the carpark [emoji102][emoji102]
0b1e0587bb280f201e0c0b8da09fa1d8.jpg

Argyle do these nice little post-match videos, here's the one from Tuesday night versus the Wombles. It doesn't raise my confidence levels ahead of today's match, I'm always too optimistic anyway so I'm just leaving for the KassStad and have lowered my expectation levels to completely neutral. I'll be back later to see if that worked. :unsure:

Balls.. I wish I’d read what you’d written before spending 5 minutes trying to work out who the hell those Oxford players are in the photo ?

We need to be a bit realistic and the players could do with a wake up call, we are not going to out football teams because we are not that good, so we need to go back to basics and do the horrible, nasty things like defend properly, work hard, shut down teams etc. Whether the egos in this team will ever allow them to acknowledge this is another matter, they seem to think they are a lot better than they are.

If we go back to basics we might get a draw/win even, if they continue to believe that they should all be playing in the championship then we will lose again.

If we lose today then it’s definitely time for someone to sit these lot down and tell them a few home truths, because this is one of the most arrogant bunch of players I think we have ever had, and not in a good Ronaldo way, but bordering on delusional.

Mark Heywood is ref today took charge of the 2-0 loss to Port Vale this season. Seems to love a card aswell averaging 4 cards brandished a game.

Afternoon all, back in Dubai after my trip to UK, really enjoyed the pre match Guinness last week and about 2 mins of the game :LOL:

No idea today, but when i predict we lose, normally we win, so 2-1 to Plymouth. Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom