Away Match Day Thread 16/11/2021 FA Cup 1st R. Replay: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Never, ever let in goals in clusters. If you concede one you ride it out - to let in three in such a short time frame is a disgrace.

I will add that it was a changed team and system but we had enough first teamers and experienced pros out there to do something about it.

A bad night but thankfully it’s only an FA Cup tie. We have bigger fish to fry this season.

Happy with that then Foley? Sorry to talk B*****s - anyone who puts an "x" on it is in a certain category.

Sorry, I don't buy the 'second team' excuse. There were enough 'first choices' on the pitch when that sh!t show happened and - anyway aren't those in charge always rattling on about the quality of the squad?

Poor mentally when in front, poor in defence (how many clean sheets this season?), wasteful in front of goal (if you can't defend, you *have* to take more of your chances) and more than a few players short of *really* being a strong squad.

Cups for vanity
League for sanity

Anyway. It’s not like we’re in need of the money. I’ll take promotion over a one time away day at a ground that we all surely hope to be visiting regularly in the next 5 years, anyway!

As we descend into chaos, let’s remember:

No Brannagan
No Moore for 90 minutes
No Holland
No Whyte
Henry didn’t start
Taylor didn’t start

Shite to lose in that manner, and especially to that bunch of helmets. Regroup for Saturday. We have bigger fish to fry…

So we defend brilliantly against Ipswich and then play like that!

This does show a worrying lack of squad depth for me...!

We're relying on a semi-retired Mousinho and a kid from the Irish League at Centre Back!

I’m completely lost for words. 13 corners and no goals out of them. Work on set pieces is a priority.
How we can’t see a game out at 3-1 against a team many places below us is staggering.

Back
Top Bottom