16/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ciaran Brown is far more solid than Seddon. Also Joseph could link up well with Taylor if he was to start. Not sure about Bate, he lost the ball a lot tonight & Bodin very inaccurate. The set pieces never seem planned & they just take chances. McGuane will go in January at this rate

What’s also very worrying aside from our own results, is the results tonight of the sides we've played!

Bristol R lost 3-0
Cambridge lost 4-1
Derby couldn’t beat Shrewsbury

Were playing crap against some of the divisions poorer sides, it’s very worrying!

All gone very quiet from the positive bus brigade, or maybe that was the bus that didn’t turn up tonight, so they all missed the game!

How many meaningful saves did the Lincoln keeper make?

Long was at fault for both goals

MM looks good in that defensive role because he has so much more time in there. Get a bloody imposing holding midfielder in and get McGuane higher up the pitch with CB.

Taylor was isolated, again!

I’m sorry but Robinson is losing it. Been the better team in every game/dominated first half tonight/injuries to those injured are just unlucky.

All of the above is utter crap and if he thinks the supporters are just going to accept that ‘it’s football’ then he must be an ostrich.

This is Robinson’s squad.

- Robinson recruited Jones, who’s played next to no football for 3 years and is yet to be trusted to start a game.
- Robinson signed Baldock, despite knowing his injury record over a long period of time.
- Robinson signed Browne, who he knew had chronic knee injuries previously.
- Robinson signed Murphy who managed 10 (TEN!) games last season.

We’ve got no competition for a full back in Long, who has had one outstanding season at this level. Beyond that, he’s been bang average and in fairness to him, he’s probably playing to his natural level right now.

Seddon (who I thought was ok tonight) was recruited by Robinson, before being unceremoniously dropped by him last season, only to then get the nod again this season! He’s not good enough.

The excuses must stop.
Agree with most of that, except I think Findlay needs to shoulder the blame for the first goal. He was out of position, started tracking back and then just stopped.

The excuses KR comes out with just makes him lose all credibility. I actually think he does have something about him, but that’s outweighed by his inability to see that he doesn’t have the ability to do it all, or presumably accept a DoF playing with what he sees as his train set.

Had some time to reflect.

1st half we were very poor and Lincoln played with a lot of energy.
2nd half we were much better but I think that’s because Lincoln allowed us to be. They sat behind the ball rather than pressing us.

I think it’s too early to panic. I will give KR the benefit of the doubt and time to turn it around. I feel we owe him that. If he doesn’t then it’s time for a change. Simply as that.

What’s always annoyed me, ever since he joined the club and what I have posted on the forum before, is his post match interviews regardless of win, lose or draw. He’s like a word machine gun aNd 90% of the time it doesn’t make sense. His interview tonight was ridiculous. He really needs to go On a media/or course and learn how to talk coherently and calmly. He doesn’t think before he speaks. Sadly, I think he confuses the BS with passion.

Rant over….I can’t make morecambe. Really hope it’s a better performance.

Findlay nerves must be wrecked before the game even kicks off when he sees Seddon as his left back & Eastwood as his goalkeeper.

Impossible to make judgment on Findlay till he’s given a proper chance.

Surely McGinty & Brown start Saturday!!?
Rubbish! Findlay simply isn't cutting it. Don't go blaming other players for his inadequacies.

The chippy has put its prices up.

Washout.
I asked for my money back tonight, ordered 3 portions 2 with sausages and one without, after 10 minutes I got one sausage in batter and a portion of chips then she gave a couple of fish and chips to someone who had just ordered them was told we had to wait for more chips and when they came 4 potions for the guy who was serving and had to wait again.
Very unprofessional will certainly leave a review and never worth a 5 on the score on the door.

Why should it be that every time Findlay got the ball, my nerves jangled? Why every time the ball went back to Eastwood was it then hoofed forward with little direction or purpose?
Why do we play Taylor as a lone forward?

Why does Robinson talk so much B*****s?

At least Nathan attempted to ask some more serious questions this evening, was never going to get a straight or even comprehensible answer, but it made a change.
I thought when Nathan asked the probing questions he sounded like he was being a bit flustered.

What, whether we win or not? 🤣

I'm going to judge Saturday on the performance rather than if we win. Morecambe only have 2 points from the first 4 games and look relegation favourites so if we can't put them to the sword at home playing good football then we really are in trouble this season.

I'm really having a crappy week...

Endless complaints from customers as a result of being understaffed, and three colleagues handing in their notice on top.

Our house purchase might not happen at the last hurdle due to structural defects picked up in the survey

And OUFC being shite.

At times like these I guess all you can do is laugh... oooooff.

I'm going to judge Saturday on the performance rather than if we win. Morecambe only have 2 points from the first 4 games and look relegation favourites so if we can't put them to the sword at home playing good football then we really are in trouble this season.
Morecombe are probably looking forward to playing us.

How many meaningful saves did the Lincoln keeper make?

Long was at fault for both goals

MM looks good in that defensive role because he has so much more time in there. Get a bloody imposing holding midfielder in and get McGuane higher up the pitch with CB.

Taylor was isolated, again!

I’m sorry but Robinson is losing it. Been the better team in every game/dominated first half tonight/injuries to those injured are just unlucky.

All of the above is utter crap and if he thinks the supporters are just going to accept that ‘it’s football’ then he must be an ostrich.

This is Robinson’s squad.

- Robinson recruited Jones, who’s played next to no football for 3 years and is yet to be trusted to start a game.
- Robinson signed Baldock, despite knowing his injury record over a long period of time.
- Robinson signed Browne, who he knew had chronic knee injuries previously.
- Robinson signed Murphy who managed 10 (TEN!) games last season.

We’ve got no competition for a full back in Long, who has had one outstanding season at this level. Beyond that, he’s been bang average and in fairness to him, he’s probably playing to his natural level right now.

Seddon (who I thought was ok tonight) was recruited by Robinson, before being unceremoniously dropped by him last season, only to then get the nod again this season! He’s not good enough.

The excuses must stop.
This post is absolutely spot on.

The injuries KR constantly points too are a downfall of his own making, players he’s chosen to sign despite their known history. It drives me insane listening to him roll that line out every season & fans lapping it up. Every team suffers with injuries over a season!! and a proper balanced squad would address this, not to mention not signing players who have spent most of their career in the medical room only to wonder why all your players are injured.

To say we dominated all the games we’ve played is pure delusion, even if he is only defending his players in public, to make that claim and state the boo’s were for the result not the performance is just laughable.

I refuse to believe anyone who watched today actually believes the current squad we have is going be anywhere near the top 6. The teams have faced are all at best average league one sides, we’ve yet to face a top team and I really am not looking forward too it at this rate.

I am seriously worried about this season based on what I’ve witnessed from this squad, the glaring issues at the back are still yet to be addressed despite knowing in April that we would be playing league one football and would need new full backs, that’s is simply crazy to me. We are now struggling to create chances going forward as we have no natural width, we lack pace, our midfield isn’t strong or athletic enough and our forwards are being sent long balls to try to make something of as we are struggling to play out from the back with no clear outlet on either side.

I do really do not think I’ve seen one good performance for this squad yet, the first half today was as poor as it gets & the Derby, Bristol & even Cambridge games were not any better. The second half tonight was okay at best, it was not great as some would have you believe and I didn’t feel we looked particularly threatening for most of it despite having more of the ball & the only reason we were able to get on the ball more was because Lincoln took their foot off the gas.

Struggling to see where the points are going to come from and I also think the way KR has handled the recruitment and now the media after such a performance, it could turn sour pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Could have asked about the allusive striker that Karl mentioned a week or more ago that we were supposed to be signing, and asked about Murphy’s injury status.
Yes and saying about the striker with a big grin…..surely that’s not Joseph?

I'm really having a crappy week...

Endless complaints from customers as a result of being understaffed, and three colleagues handing in their notice on top.

Our house purchase might not happen at the last hurdle due to structural defects picked up in the survey

And OUFC being shite.

At times like these I guess all you can do is laugh... oooooff.

Sounds like you must work for OUFC.

Endless complaints from customers
Understaffed
Colleagues handing in notice/leaving
Structural Defects!

Oh and being shite!

I’d say the difference between what Robinson told RadOx and what he told the team in the dressing room post match was about as wide as the Grand Canyon. I’d have been livid to see my back
4 gift goals like that. A very worrying first half performance.

Problems tonight were pretty much defensive. The only defender to come out with any credit was Ciaron ‘where’s my towel’ Brown.

Bate physically inadequate, Bodin uninvolved and onepaced, Brannagan also peripheral.

Browne showed some positive signs but the injury didn’t look good.

Henry and Tyler good when they came on.

Lincoln bang ordinary. The positive bus still
sat in the garage.

Just arrived back in Lincoln,
My view,
The first 20 minutes we set the tempo and seemed to be wanting that first goal.
Lincoln grew into the game mainly by preying on our weaknesses (high press, energy and physical).
The first Goal was a peach of a cross however both Moore and Findley lost their man and was difficult not to score,
The second goal was a mistake as we dilly and dally with the ball near the corner flag, a couple of miss placed passes and a bit of pinball left the Lincoln lad with a lot of goal to aim at.
In the 2nd half there was only one team in it however the away side defended in an organised fashion and when stretched they had no issue with taking one for the team and breaking up play.
We missed a hatful of half chances in that 2nd half and the comeback was not to be.
Another goal either side of that penalty and it would have been all change.
Overall it was still a very lacklustre performance with our quality players very much under par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom