Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/05/2010 BSCP: OUFC v York City MDT +++

Rhys Day coming on, could be the missing piece to the puzzle.
Rhys Day’s header at the end - took out two York attackers and set us on our way back into the football league. One of my favourite moments of an incredible day.

Just been looking online to see what happened to some of our players from that day. I cant believe Sam Deering is still only 29! Playing for Dagenham and Redbridge.

Must admit Sangare’s name rang a bell when he came on and he did indeed play for us but I have little memory of it.

I remember Courtney Pitt being unfathomably bad every time I saw him play whether it was for or against us. As much as it was a great leap and win by Rhys Day going up between 2 York players, I hadn't realised just how sh*t Pitt's corner was at the time. Probably his best contribution for Oxford. I think it was actually just outside the 18 yard box at the point Day heads it.

Also fair play to Wilder with the subs, looking back they were brave moves. His first 2 changes were to put on Potter and Deering, when you're leading by a single goal in a playoff final. Ok he had limited options given we could only name 5 subs, but I still think that was pretty ballsy. And of course the final goal was the combination of all 3 substitutes - Day to Potter, plays it to Deering, slides it back across to Potter - and

OXFORD UNITED ARE BACK IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

So we would not have had Beano if if it had not been for Stuart Donald and his Dad

I never even noticed it was raining............................. ? ?
God only know how I got home!!
3 day hangover.
What a weekend it was.

Wembley our second home. :D:D

My mate messaged me the other day saying he was watching a replay of it and had forgotten it rained, i never had a clue it did until then.

I didn’t make it home till Monday evening, my hangover lasted as long as my split lip from over celebrating.

My mate messaged me the other day saying he was watching a replay of it and had forgotten it rained, i never had a clue it did until then.

I didn’t make it home till Monday evening, my hangover lasted as long as my split lip from over celebrating.

Very apt username then!

I think Ryan Clarke would have something to say to all of you who somehow missed the rain!

How did Rankine miss?! What a day mind, from 10AM drinking in the globe to missing last train and having to get the Tube, and the 3 days of partying back in the village.

Just incredible. Nothing will top that day for pure drama.

I had remembered the great chance that Beano had late in the second half when he blazed it over the bar but I had completely forgotten Simon Clist's shot that was very well saved by Ingram. It all added to the huge tension that exploded in the 91st minute.

Back
Top Bottom