Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/03/2019 OUFC v Bradford City match day thread +++

There is no question about this game, it is a well-misused, but true in this case, six-pointer !! It's too late to afford the same to Gillingham, Bristol, Rochdale and other lower-end teams but in reality they also fitted the mould. If we are to survive then 'stuff the results against the top teams' we need to claim the points (and deprive them) by physically 'stuffing' anyone within six points of us. Each game against the poor teams from now onwards is worth 6 points, draws are unfortunately poor reward, although gratefully received if we are that close to the unthinkable of needing 2 points with two games to go !! Let's hope we start the points collection at the expense of Bradford.

Don't have a farking clue in this utterly schizophrenic sh*t show of a season. Will we tear the opposition to bits, will we play like we've just met for the first time? Will Easty have a worldy or a wobble again? Will the lesser-spotted Hanson and Carruthers be making an appearance?

Who knows in Karl's Komedy Kavalcade...

1-0 to us, Sinclair. Or 3-0 to them. Or goalless. Or 5-5. I don't f*cking know!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh f**k! Oxford United 1 (Sykes) Bradford City 3 Att: 6876 and 344 Bantams fans.
I think this game will define our season; all mouth (Robinson) and no trousers (Whyte) We will try our damnest to break them open, but their defence will be as tight as arseholes. Sykes's goal will be the goal of the season. A dog will run onto the pitch. The wind will blow the roof off the hot dog stand outside the East Stand. Someone will go up to Tiger and pull his bow-tie off. Nelson and Ruffles will get into a fight at half-time, over who has the bigger penis. Eastwood will dislocate his little finger while tying his boot laces up. Whyte will fracture his coccyx after tripping over the ref's boot. The ref (Mr. P. Niss) will have a blinder of a game and not book anybody, but will send Robinson to the stands for having an offensive face. Robinson would rather be sent to Coventry and will apply for the manager's job. He will be politely told to 'grow up'. The scoreboard will malfunction show a film of us winning the league cup in 1986. The fans will be more interested in that, than the game. An errant owl will fly into the directors' box and attack Tiger (not his lucky day!). Two of the directors will offer to resign after the match. That just about does it for me. COYY

Fans will make a difference, as I feel Bradford will bring a few, and be quite vocal. Now regarding referees. They are meant to treat all sides equally, but as in life, they probably have teams they enjoy officiating and those they don't.
It does stand out when you see how decisions go during a match. Dear Karl, doesn't feel he gets treated fairly by the referee sometimes due to his passion, hence he has made this complaint to the FA.
What will be interesting now is to see how the referee acts. Will he decide to treat all parties fairly, or be biased towards our opponents.
Those in a position of power should be unbiased and even handed. It's unfortunate though how recently that doesn't seem to have been the case, especially in Karl's eyes regarding penalty decisions for example.

It's no good him railing against refs all the time. Yes, we have had some useless ones - but then so has every other team in the division. They aren't 'against us' - they are just poor. And I have to say that I don't think that Robinson's ridiculous antics on the touchline would make any ref any more inclined to give anything in our favour!
As to the game tomorrow, I just hope we actually make some attempt to attack and have a shot on goal in the first sixty minutes. If we try the 'sit back until an hour has gone and hope it is 0-0' tactic we will lose.

This season is an absolute disaster, and it pains me to be negative but if you are anything but, you end up just being more disappointed when we lose ? I honestly think if we win today we will stay up, anything else and we will be lucky to be in L1 next season.

2-1 Bradford

Last edited:
I’m thinking about getting some T-shirt’s printed with the following on

‘Karl Robinson.
He takes all the bad luck
so you don’t have to’

Maybe on yellow shirts for the last game of the season..?

Huge, huge game in my view, easily the biggest of the season so far.

A defeat would be a psychological hammer blow to the players, management and fans alike and relegation more likely than not. A draw not much better with games rapidly running out.

A win on the other hand would be a massive boost to our league 1 survival. Players and supporters need to be positive right from the first whistle.

Back
Top Bottom