Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/03/2019 OUFC v Bradford City match day thread +++

Some solace from selective stat crunching today.

Since gameweek 12 where we drew against Southend and went bottom of the table, we’ve played 26 league games, winning eight, losing seven and drawing 11. For the misery that this season has been, continue that form and we’ll just about sneak over the line. Just. A W3 D3 L3 combo in an ideal world securing three points from Bradford, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury each would be the best outcome. I think any side staying up will need more than 50 this season.

Of course there are other factors - we’re hopeless winning away from home, perform best against sides in the lower top half of the table, make winning look such hard work (we’ve not even reached double figures of wins yet) and have the ability to let a s**t grenade go off for no reason every now and again (Accrington away) but all is not lost.

Today is a massive opportunity. Let’s not waste it.

Last edited:
Some solace from selective stat crunching today.

Since gameweek 12 where we drew against Southend and went bottom of the table, we’ve played 26 league games, winning eight, losing seven and drawing 11. For the misery that this season has been, continue that form and we’ll just about sneak over the line. Just. A W3 D3 L3 combo in an ideal world securing three points from Bradford, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury each would be the best outcome. I think any side staying up will need more than 50 this season.

Of course there are other factors - we’re hopeless winning away from home, perform best against sides in the lower top half of the table, make winning look such hard work (we’ve not even reached double figures of wins yet) and have the ability to let a s**t grenade go off for no reason every now and again (Accrington away) but all is not lost.

Today is a massive opportunity. Let’s not waste it.

Still think 50 will be enough as so many games where both teams can’t take all 3 pts.
Also last day of the season could easily see the Shrewsbury v Walsall match up seeing one of them drop.

Massive game today let’s hope it’s a massive win 3-1 to the U’S.

COYY

I think 51 is the target. Looking at the remaining fixtures of all teams up to say Wycombe over and over again, there are obviously a multitude of six pointers coming up, so many changes in the table over the coming weeks. When we beat Wycombe in a couple of weeks they will be dragged into it and with their run in, they will have a big influence on who goes down and hopefully it will be them

Yes Bigfella - & we will be needing to win at Luton! Defeat today though will be a serious kick in the gonads!

Todays referee is andy davies ....he refereed 21 championship matches (82 yellow cards)this season, 2 l1 matched (4 yellow cards) both l1 matches have been luton matches/victories ....l2 games this season to follow

Todays referee is andy davies ....he refereed 21 championship matches (82 yellow cards)this season, 2 l1 matched (4 yellow cards) both l1 matches have been luton matches/victories ....l2 games this season to follow
4 l2 matches (8 yellow cards) plus 3 cup games 1 fa cup and 2 efl ...30 matches total refereed with 102 yellow cards issued.....seems he has a yellow card fetish (3.4 per game-4 per game in l1)

Last edited:
4 l2 matches (8 yellow cards) plus 3 cup games 1 fa cup and 2 efl ...30 matches total refereed with 102 yellow cards issued.....seems he has a yellow card fetish (3.4 per game-4 per game in l1)

No problem if he's consistent with them, both over the 90 minutes and between both teams. But he may very well be one that just loses control and then books every foul and kills the game.

I’d bet on Mackie & Dickie for our two ?

So the players fear the drop, have they not spoken to Tiger, according to him we’re not going down, whatever he and Robinson say now I take with a pinch of salt, their both full of bullshit

Seeing the doom mongering of the sneering Twitterati has made me feel quite optimistic and chippy about today.

Bring the noise, stay calm and get the 3 points. COYFY

Back
Top Bottom