Home Match Day Thread 16/02/2021 Papa John's Trophy SF - OUFC v Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positives....we are still creative, and should beat a woeful Ipswich on Saturday. Lambert will get fired too.
Negatives...missing out on Wembley. But this game although it would generate revenue, the league is our priority and we have had an incredible run. It’s a Mickey Mouse tournament and not the end of the world

We played the day before yesterday, they played over a week ago.

We had a shite night, missed a pen, hit the woodwork, but whatever, our league position is more important and on Saturday their needs to be a statement from the players that they can get over a loss and progress.

Werent our night ....could play till midnight and still wouldnt score in this game
I thought this might happen e.g. score no goals when one of the presenters said that Karl’s teams always score goals!!

Thoughts -

Normally I don't give a toss about the abomination trophy however...

You can tell we were knackered.
The game on Sunday was far far more important and we won that.
Who wants to go to Wembley with no fans? (Again)
Yes it is a shame to miss out on the prize money however.

Good night all 👍

Well done Tranmere. Onwards to Saturday! I'll leave the remaining comments and sleep on it.

Well that was alwaysa possibility given we played Sunday. Not bothered about missing the chance to go to Wembley given recent form there and the fact we can't attend. Glad we've had a stinker in the trophy and not the league. Taylor's barren spell is a concern though.

But yes, just to say, dont pile on grayson as a write off. We have a hilarious track record of slating our players in their tentative opening gambits who later on turn out to be belters. On the evidence, we can just day tonight wasn't his night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom