Away Match Day Thread 16/01/21 L1 Northampton Town v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cs2kbvGUsAA_Nyn
BxjhQAiIgAE2lZP

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Chris Hargreaves , Chris Hackett, James Hunt, Les Phillips, Andy Woodman, Martin. Aldridge,
Chris Willmott, Billy Turley, Eric Sabin, Billy Jeffrey, Richard Hill, Jon Mitchell and many others.

South Yorkshire based referee Thomas Bramall will be in charge of today’s match.
His most recent Oxford match was the 1-3 defeat at Gillingham in October.
ESh-dwGXkAQRfyI

A BLAST FROM THE PAST : County Ground Northampton , November 1976. Stuart Robertson nets for the Cobblers in a 1-0 home victory
over Oxford Utd.

stuart-robertson-of-northampton-town-celebrates-after-scoring-during-picture-id978679788

Finally some league football again!! Woke up early and counting down the hours till this one starts.

It’s a shame Clare has gone as he’d start at right wing for me if he was here, with Henry in the middle. With him gone, the only real question is who partners McGuane in the middle:

Kelly: Been out of the team recently, has a decent free kick on him but still a bit lightweight

Hanson: Better further forward I think than in the holding role, hard tackler but can give the ball away a lot

Forde: Solid enough but slow and uninspiring at times

Brannigan: Best of the four but not fully fit yet

On balance I’d probably go with Hanson.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Hanson McGuane
Henry Taylor Shodipo​

Planned subs (all being equal)

60-70 mins or so:

Brannigan on for Hanson
Obita on for Shodipo
Sykes on for Henry
Agyei on for Taylor

As soon as we can get Brannigan fully fit and sign a rapid, pacy right winger we will have a strong, strong team. Buzzing for this one and hoping for some kind of win to keep the run going.

1-6 for me Northampton were worse than Burton imo and we put 5 past them
Taylor x2 long ruffs shodipo Henry as the goal scorers 😁

Stevens
Kelly Gorrin McGuane
Henry Taylor Obita

0-2, Taylor + Moore

Woohoo match day! Tougher game than the home leg but still think Cobblers 0 - yellows 2. Fancy a Henry and Taylor masterclass. COYY

Just done my oufc picks. Assuming I win the top prize with my predictions then it will be great viewing....

We should be winning this. No Hampton were very uninspiring last time we played them and they will be worried about us giving them another spanking.
I think we will win but we won’t hit a cricket score this time.0-2.

Solid line-up for an away game:

Stevens
Gorrin
Forde Mcguane
Henry Taylor Obita
COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom