Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s more the laws of the game that are wrong instead of the officials applying them. In relation to timekeeping.

Timekeeping should be taken completely out of the hands of the on-field ref. Just stop the clock for things like injuries and substitutions. And the excessive time taken to restart the game, player 'protests' at free kicks etc. There is then less benefit to feigning injury or running slower than a walk to get off the pitch. Show the time on the scoreboard and stop that too so that everyone knows how much time there is left. The ref can then concentrate on what is going on, on the pitch.

Timekeeping should be taken completely out of the hands of the on-field ref. Just stop the clock for things like injuries and substitutions. And the excessive time taken to restart the game, player 'protests' at free kicks etc. There is then less benefit to feigning injury or running slower than a walk to get off the pitch. Show the time on the scoreboard and stop that too so that everyone knows how much time there is left. The ref can then concentrate on what is going on, on the pitch.
Maybe the fourth official should do it. Football is probably the only top sport where timekeeping is a bit loose.

I imagine your an ex/current ref?
Yes I am a qualified referee.
The question is do people want a referee that might let a few things go but let’s the game flow or one that blows for everything and books about 8 players. I know what I would prefer.

The other consideration is that players consistently cheat and constantly go down looking for fouls. Browne and Taylor are prime examples of this. Don’t blame the referee for everything is my point. I acknowledge that some of them have been poor but some people that post on here need to study the laws of the game before making comments about refereeing.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom