Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
didnt venture away from the centre circle for most of the game ... 'missed' a plethora of fouls on Oxford players, unbelievably missed a couple of stonewall (IMO) penalty shouts - push on Agyei first half, and a double blatant handball 2nd half

typically crap L1 official .... so a (very) generous 2/10 from me

Awful, seemed to favour Sunderland for everything. A slight brush by an Oxford player against a Sunderland player and down they went and he whistled.
Allowed so much time wasting and why did he blow when their keeper kicked the ball out and Taylor was no where near him. Useless.

Biggest mistake was only adding 4mins on at the end. Decision making wasn't the worst we've had this season but fitness was really poor

Just awful, inconsistent and missed loads particularly by Sunderland. The main one being Matty Taylor being dragged back when going for a header at goal by O'Nien (I think) in the area. Also, Wyke commits at least 3 cynical trips after being beaten by Dickie but no caution, Brannagan gets booked though; rightly but only if Wyke is booked.

The Linesman in front of the South Stand was even worse though and gets a '0'. I'm not sure he had seen a football game before, let alone officiate one.

Also, not just these officials either but foul throws clearly don't exist anymore. I don't think there was one legal throw today!

Just how did he give a foul against Taylor when goalie was trying to kick it. Taylor was 5 yards to the goalies right, so plenty of room for him to kick it, but, the goalie decides to move 4 yards towards Taylor and gets his kick away. How is that a free kick?

Their player was down for what 3 minutes?
6 substitutions at 30 seconds each.
Plus a load of time wasting from their keeper and players going down very easily.
It should probably have been 8 to 9 minutes

I was thinking he’ll only give 6 which is nowhere near enough. Should have been 7-9 as you say. And then he gave 5. Five! I was flabbergasted

When will refs start booking Goalkeepers/goal kick delays , delayed throw ins, free kicks taking ages etc.... its not enough to make gestures to hurry up. Start booking players early then see if they persist. And before I get hammered with"well we would do it" quite right but same principle should apply for consistency.

When will refs start booking Goalkeepers/goal kick delays , delayed throw ins, free kicks taking ages etc.... its not enough to make gestures to hurry up. Start booking players early then see if they persist. And before I get hammered with"well we would do it" quite right but same principle should apply for consistency.

and for players kicking ball away when free kick awarded against them.
and for doing something that means the refs calls him over to give him a talking to, which wastes more time, which the player wants in the first place. Unfortunately refs are too naïve to understand they are being conned.

I thought he actually started off OK, and then went downhill pretty rapidly. Incompetent rather than biased though (trying to not see the match through yellow tinted glasses!). It's a shame that my expectations of what quality refs there are in L1 is now so low.

I thought he actually started off OK, and then went downhill pretty rapidly. Incompetent rather than biased though (trying to not see the match through yellow tinted glasses!). It's a shame that my expectations of what quality refs there are in L1 is now so low.
I dont think that you realise how poor L1 referees are until you see some of the PL refs in the Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom