Home Match Day Thread +++ 15/12/2018 OUFC v Blackpool Matchday Thread +++

2-1
Blackpool are a good side and arent a set of pushovers. However, we are playing free flowing attacking football and from minute 40-70 last week cut Peterborough open at will. Blackpool like to get down the pitch as quick as possible so Dickie going to have to be on form to stop the aerial threat. Brannagan midfield masterclass (again) aslong as we stop Spearing we'll comfortably win the midfield battle.

I would make 1 change to the team and that would be Long in for Hanson.

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho
Henry Brannagan
Whyte Mackie Browne

Goals:Nelson and Henry

Last time at Grenoble Road, 6th January 2018 : U’s 1-0 Blackpool

U’s : Eastwood; Carroll, Martin, Mousinho, Tiendalli; Van Kessel, Ledson, Ruffels; Payne, Thomas, Obika
Subs: Shearer, Dickie, Mowatt, Williamson, Henry, Napa, Fernandez.

Att: 6,775

U’s : Eastwood; Carroll, Martin, Mousinho, Tiendalli; Van Kessel, Ledson, Ruffels; Payne, Thomas, Obika

Your cut and paste option works well i see ?

Ooooooohhh no it isn’t...?
oh-yes-i-am-right-now.jpg

I think the Tangerines will be Tangoed and the U's will use this game to launch an attack on a play-off place. I also think Elvis works in a chip shop in Blackbird Leys. So...............Oxford United 2 (Whyte and Browne) Blackpool 1 Att: 7090 with 408 away fans and 3 penguins, because of the cold weather. The referee, Mr Isaac Hunt, will book 8 players, 3 from each side. The floodlights will come on at 3:15pm, due to the uncertainty of Brexit. At 3:33pm, a dog will run onto the pitch. I can see a new signing being announced tomorrow; no, wait. Not a new signing, but a new sign. Something about another new hotel being erected for Mr you-know-who. Browne will do something stupid and be sent back to the Hammers in disgrace. Turns out that it was just a sneaky plan from us to discredit him and get him the sack from WHFC, so will can get him on a free. But, of course, he runs around with a halo above his bloody head, so that's that plan knackered. That just about does it for me.

Would be happy with a repeat of this!!! Was in the London Road right in line with Joey and appeared to be the first the react to the goal like the German in Escape to Victory when Pele scored!!!!
I remember that pretty well sealed promotion

Eastwood
Hanson Dickie Nelson Ruffels
Brannagan Mous Henry
Whyte Mackie Browne

1-0, Whyte.

I remember that pretty well sealed promotion

Not really, although it helped hugely as Blackpool were still above us then. But it was close until the final day.

There were six games still to go after Blackpool (of which we won five), but I remember the real sealer was the huge performance at Crewe, who were a decent outfit back then - after we had Stuart Massey sent off.

Hate to admit, but god that was an unjust win for us. Defence was atrocious. Could have easily let 4 or more in of it wasn't for having Eastwood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom