Away Match Day Thread +++ 15/09/2018 Wycombe W v OUFC match day thread +++

mickbrownsconscience

I hesitate to start this but no-one else seems to be wanting to do so.

Horrible ground, no trains, lousy parking, unfriendly TVP, and that nasty piece of work Ainsworth to top it all.
Surely has to be the least enjoyable away fixture of the season?
Just a point would make it a bit less unbearable, three would just about make it worthwhile slogging over there.
COYY

Was just thinking what no proper MDT and you come up with the goods. Having travelled to the Coventry game last week full of optimism finding it difficult to motivate myself for this. Still I have my ticket and as tomorrow approaches the optimism builds again, we must come good soon so 1-3 OUFC win.

We had this all planned before we went off to Spain on holiday. Watching Spain beat England (on TV in a restaurant) and then losing at home on Sky (in the apartment) after two days of rain and being delayed by non-arrival of taxi to airport, left us looking for a lift in fortunes. So, this will be it.
Whyte to score. Holmes and Browne tear them apart. Ruffels to crash one in from 20 yards out. We go home for pizza, wine and a good nights kip.
I thank you!

Really not sure which way this game will go.

So far it’s not unlike Pep’s pre Xmas season, we’re a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde outfit, more Hyde than Jekyll at the moment though.

Hopefully it’s a Sunderland performance rather than an Accrington/Coventry one.

Prediction a tough fought 1-1 draw.

Every time I watch us at Why cum, we don't lose. Bearing that in mind: Wycombe2 Oxford United 2 (Whyte and Brown). We were god-awful last sunday, so we can only improve. And we better had improve, otherwise Mr. Robinson could be in a jam with Tony the Tiger. On paper, we've got the best team we've had for ages, so what the hell is going wrong, in the league?
I see 6577 at the game, with 1897 Yellows fans. A dog will run onto the pitch and bite the referee in the clavicle. We will be stuck in that f*cking car park for over an hour (as usual) after the game. I only live about 10 miles from the ground, and I'm really looking forward to going to the service station (MaCDonald's) after the game for a nosh-up. That just about does it for me. COYY

Wyscum are really over the whole derby day thing aren't they? Feels all rather desperate and troll ish. No matter how much they, Looton or Northampton want it, you aren't a derby. Never have, never will be and we don't care about your attempts to make it one. No disrespect, but go to OUFC and Swindon, and you'll see a proper derby day.

I reckon most of the action could come from the dugouts. I can really see it kicking off in there if Ainsworth gets up to his tricks and winds our hotheads up. Wouldn’t want to be the fourth official keeping them all apart. On the pitch I reckon 1-1 with Henry scoring

Wycombe nil - Oxford 3! Holmes, Brown and Mackie, with the final goal leading to absolute scenes in the away end as Ricky swings from the crossbar as Mackie pulls off the Moody Handstand!! (possibly resulting in both being injured and out for a month!!!!)

This has 0-0 all over it. Both want the win, and although it will be a better result than last week still plenty of improvement required.

Didn't Gazza Ainsworth apply for the vacant OUFC job? Say what you want about the lad, he got promotion last season (when the Cowley Bros & Tisdale didn't) and his budget is probably half of what KR has at his disposal. He certainly gets value for money out of his team.

Are KR & Derry actually in the dugout for this one? As others have mentioned, they'll need to ignore Ainsworth's touchline antics although I can see them walking straight into his trap(s)...

We'll need to play with a similar tempo & intensity as Sunderland to get the M40 bragging rights today. I'm going for 1-1. COYY!

I’m confident that whatever team I put out on Saturday will be good enough to get the win that we want.”

Wow brave words from the wycombe manager ....coyy make ,him eat them 1_3 whyte holmes and baptiste

Who knows what will happen, but what I do know is, I’d have Baptiste and Hanson in the middle.

I hesitate to start this but no-one else seems to be wanting to do so.

Horrible ground, no trains, lousy parking, unfriendly TVP, and that nasty piece of work Ainsworth to top it all.
Surely has to be the least enjoyable away fixture of the season?
Just a point would make it a bit less unbearable, three would just about make it worthwhile slogging over there.
COYY
There are trains on the Chiltern Line and buses from the rail station and the park and ride to the ground. I have posted a link to the bus info on the other thread.

It's obvious what there game plan is going to be, there 2 strikers Mackail Smith and Akinfenwa have a combined age of 70. They will not play nice football it'll be up to the big man and flick one for willing runners.

This Wycombe team is full of experienced pros so like Ainsworth will no all the tricks. What we need to do is exactly what we didn't do against Coventry, Keep the ball down and get it outwide, when they hoof it up in the air bring it down and get it outwide.

Team
Mitchell
Norman Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Baptiste Brannagan
Whyte Henry Holmes
Mackie

0-2
Mackie and Garbutt

Think Garbutt was a bright spark when we played Coventry and I think Dickie needs to come in as this is going to be an aerial bombardment and he is very good in the air .

Back
Top Bottom