Away Match Day Thread 15/04/2022 L1: Fleetwood Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hardly say Long was massively at fault for the penalty though can you ?
We do have shortcomings and I personally don't think good enough to go up but why so quick to jump on players and especially the two full backs today who were given very little cover
Well he did put his hand up to his face to save it looking like Henry's which resulted in the penalty!!!

Taylor is only effective when playing in a front 2 or playing against a side that likes to play out from the back and keep the ball on the floor. Second half today he might aswell been sat on the bench but once again we had nothing on the bench to change it.

And yet he has scored all those goals for us, mostly playing on his own upfront....

Play well and lose and the usual posters are out saying that possession, xG etc mean nothing - it's all about the result.

Win today and the exact same lot are moaning about the performance!
Well quite. But each to their own. It's a fans forum all said and done so we are all entitled to so it as we see fit.

Not at all. We miss him hugely (even after such a short time) a genuine Champ player in League 1.

Well we weren’t signing both Baldock and Harrison, were we..?

The grass isn’t always greener elsewhere mate, Harrison clearly had a superior game today but could equally be an ineffectual lump last week and next.

Well we weren’t signing both Baldock and Harrison, were we..?

The grass isn’t always greener elsewhere mate, Harrison clearly had a superior game today but could equally be an ineffectual lump last week and next.

No reason why we can’t have both of them & Taylor in a 22 outfield man squad.

The issue is Winnall.

Thank god he’s going in a few weeks!

Regardless of our points total, I don’t think anyone is satisfied with where we are in the table right now. 3pts was all that mattered yesterday.

I just want to say get well soon to James Henry and wish him a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
No reason why we can’t have both of them & Taylor in a 22 outfield man squad.

The issue is Winnall.

Thank god he’s going in a few weeks!
Where was winnall yesterday? he wasn’t in the squad.

Does it matter?
I suppose the answer to that is no, not too much. But Scotchers, while I agree that the forum should have a balance of views, your constant dismissal and put-down of anyone who has an alternative view to yours is rather tiring. And it grates even more when you rubbish the views of people who went to the match, when you clearly didn’t (you didn’t, did you?!).
We played sublimely for twenty minutes, then went flat. In the second half Fleetwood battered us. Robinson failed to change tactics or personnel sufficiently to combat that. We didn’t deserve to win.
Perhaps you could accept an alternative view to your tiresome diatribe?

I suppose the answer to that is no, not too much. But Scotchers, while I agree that the forum should have a balance of views, your constant dismissal and put-down of anyone who has an alternative view to yours is rather tiring. And it grates even more when you rubbish the views of people who went to the match, when you clearly didn’t (you didn’t, did you?!).
We played sublimely for twenty minutes, then went flat. In the second half Fleetwood battered us. Robinson failed to change tactics or personnel sufficiently to combat that. We didn’t deserve to win.
Perhaps you could accept an alternative view to your tiresome diatribe?

I've been to well over 1000 games, and saw the same game yesterday as someone on the terrace. So my views are no less valid. My positivity might be tiresome to you but the constant negativity from so many others is so much worse.

The fact that we didn't deserve to win is as irrelevant as the fact that we deserved far more from the previous 3 games. What I don't understand is why those who claim to be better supporters by going to the games are often the most negative contributors to this forum?

Everyone who demands balance are also pretty quick to attack my positivity! The Robbo Out thread is full of posts saying that performances mean nothing without the results. Well yesterday we got the result.

Supporting Oxford has never been an easy ride. Perfection rarely happens, and even the "glory days" had numerous lucky results and dire performances. But they're quickly forgotten. If we somehow managed to squeeze into the playoffs this year and got promoted, yesterday will nothing more than 3 points.

I've been to well over 1000 games, and saw the same game yesterday as someone on the terrace. So my views are no less valid. My positivity might be tiresome to you but the constant negativity from so many others is so much worse.

The fact that we didn't deserve to win is as irrelevant as the fact that we deserved far more from the previous 3 games. What I don't understand is why those who claim to be better supporters by going to the games are often the most negative contributors to this forum?

Everyone who demands balance are also pretty quick to attack my positivity! The Robbo Out thread is full of posts saying that performances mean nothing without the results. Well yesterday we got the result.

Supporting Oxford has never been an easy ride. Perfection rarely happens, and even the "glory days" had numerous lucky results and dire performances. But they're quickly forgotten. If we somehow managed to squeeze into the playoffs this year and got promoted, yesterday will nothing more than 3 points.
I didn’t say your positivity was tiring; it’s your inability to accept views which differ from your own.
I’ve been to well over 1000 games too, by the way. It doesn’t make me a “better” supporter but it does entitle me to an opinion.

Good on you mate for not just leaving this forum! It must be tempting sometimes with all the doom and gloom waffle.

I've been to well over 1000 games, and saw the same game yesterday as someone on the terrace.
Just a small point of order. Watching from the terrace and watching on iFollow are two very different perspectives. A lot of off the ball movement is not visible via a TV screen. The interactions of the players out of screen shot are only visible to those at the game. There are so many nuances that can only be experienced by being at the game. It's why we go to games.
You saw the same game but you didn't see the same game. Ergo, opinions on the players, the ref and the game as a whole will differ.

Just a small point of order. Watching from the terrace and watching on iFollow are two very different perspectives. A lot of off the ball movement is not visible via a TV screen. The interactions of the players out of screen shot are only visible to those at the game. There are so many nuances that can only be experienced by being at the game. It's why we go to games.
You saw the same game but you didn't see the same game. Ergo, opinions on the players, the ref and the game as a whole will differ.
When a correspondent has already settled upon their reaction and analysis before the event, I’m not sure watching it in person, on the TV or even at all matters a great deal.

I noticed this big time when returning ‘post Covid’.

Not sure on a wider view, most attendees are watching the ball (or their phones ... just joking) and yes you'll notice runs being made (or not) but that's pretty much within screen view anyway? likewise the Referee surely?

The reverse of that is attendees don't always see what's really happened at the opposite end but still can comment.

I would suggest you can easily see and miss things regardless from where you're viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom