Home Match Day Thread +++ 15/02/20 OUFC v Sunderland +++

...didn't receive a yellow card and was allowed to be replaced before play resumed whereas he would have had to wait on the sideline to come back on.
Think you're allowed to replace injured players immediately. He's torn his ankle ligaments apparently.

Think you're allowed to replace injured players immediately. He's torn his ankle ligaments apparently.
By the time your player went down injured and with the time taken to replace him I expect home fans were finding it difficult to differentiate between genuine injury and play acting. Clearly now known to be injured so I'm sure all those booing would wish him a speedy recovery.

Agree.
Cant believe KR could be blamed for yesterday.
Decent performance and we didnt get the breaks.
I am a little surprised that Taylor didnt get on the end of some of the crosses we got in.
Disappointing result as we outplayed them second half. Fair play to Parkinson who knows how to grind out wins.
Brannagan looks back to his best ( Henry not so yet)
Dickie outstanding in my view and Forde's crossing is good.
Tuesday is huge

So who's fault is it?
We lost, that's all that matters, single figure points out of 24.
Tuesday is a must win.

The conditions were a huge factor and both sides coped remarkably well. We weren't negative, just coping with the conditions protecting lead. Interesting being in home end. Only gripe I gave is when your fans booed off our injured player, Bailey, who is a very honest player. We usually applaud off injured players. Apart from thought your support was fine.
Probably the same idiots that booed off Maguire, who was brilliant for us.

Problem with the comment? Oops sorry forgot, it was the Mackems defence's fault, they decided on our tactics ?

Not sure it was the tactics as the stats show we had the better of the game but as we all know footballs a funny old game and on another day we’d have come away with more.

You're like a f*****g dementor sucking the joy out of everything!

I said that there is no one to fear should we get to the playoffs, and I'm pretty sure we will.

You have said that anyone can beat anyone in this league, so yes, of course we can beat anyone over two legs.

If we hit the sort of form we had before Christmas with Brannagan, Henry and Taylor all back to full fitness and form, with Dickie, Mous and/or Moore at the back, with Browne, Holland, Woodburn or Agyei, all playing with pace and skill, then not one of the top 8 would fancy playing us.

So stop being so pissing defeatist!
IF IF IF IF ........

There were a couple sat by us in the North stand, who said they were neutral Chelsea fans, but didn’t know the first thing about Chelsea when asked.
I spoke to a steward who wasn’t interested.
There were plenty of spare seats. If someone wants to behave themselves and quietly watch a game of football, why should we want to throw them out?

This would have been an ideal moment for the players to have a break and I think the club missed a trick in not using the weather conditions to get a postponement. I was driving from the Swindon area to Oxford when the news of Swindon's postponement came through and by the time I got to Oxford, the weather conditions were pretty much the same. Now on to Wimbledon on Tuesday. I fear there's not much left in the tank for the players that are available to go again so soon.

This would have been an ideal moment for the players to have a break and I think the club missed a trick in not using the weather conditions to get a postponement. I was driving from the Swindon area to Oxford when the news of Swindon's postponement came through and by the time I got to Oxford, the weather conditions were pretty much the same. Now on to Wimbledon on Tuesday. I fear there's not much left in the tank for the players that are available to go again so soon.
We didn't need to rearrange the Wimbledon game so quickly. It could have been put back to the middle of March. The same goes for the Accrington game,
Why did we have to play these games in February when we already have fixture congestion?

We didn't need to rearrange the Wimbledon game so quickly. It could have been put back to the middle of March. The same goes for the Accrington game,
Why did we have to play these games in February when we already have fixture congestion?
It's not our choice. The FA look at available fixture dates and make the call.

Isn’t it up to the ref?

We are out on our feet. Partly our own fault. Anyway, I’m not caught up in the idea that Tuesday is a big game, I think that’s past now.

Back
Top Bottom