Home Match Day Thread +++ 15/02/20 OUFC v Sunderland +++

Meh, really frustrating to lose that to a cheap goal so early in the game, against a team who looked average at best. We played well overall and I think we could play that game over four or five times and not lose it. Unfortunately, nothing is going our way lately. We either don’t turn up or we do and it doesn’t quite deliver. It’s frustrating in the extreme, but today was probably the sharpest and most positive we’ve looked for a little while.

EDIT: Surprised that so many people seem to think we were actively bad today. Now I’m questioning everything!

Rad Ox complimenting our performance.

It’s appears we still have something about us. It’s not like one of those seasons under CW where it completely unravelled. But the corner has to be turned somewhere if we want to ensure our season ends with some degree of interest.
as much as I agree the formation shouldn't have been changed we didn't have the squad available to play the same formation. I actually think the formation worked today and other the first 90 seconds we handled everything Sunderland threw at us (which wasn't a lot they were abysmal for most of the game). We just lacked cutting edge, our build up play was decent and we bossed the game mainly. Just not creating the chances we did earlier in the season.

Its the results business couldn't care less about style rather a Arsenal 1 :0 any day

So that's ok then? We lose but are the better team. Not in my book. If you are the better team, you come away with a win.
No, it's not OK to lose, and I'd much rather win but be the worse team on the day. I also agree with KR that this was frustrating. BUT in your initial point you didn't say that he'd come on and say he was glad we lost because we were the better team. The fact is that we played well, and, with a bit of luck, could have done what none of the last five teams have done--and scored against Sunderland.

Meh, really frustrating to lose that to a cheap goal so early in the game, against a team who looked average at best. We played well overall and I think we could play that game over four or five times and not lose it. Unfortunately, nothing is going our way lately. We either don’t turn up or we do and it doesn’t quite deliver. It’s frustrating in the extreme, but today was probably the sharpest and most positive we’ve looked for a little while.

I mean that's really because Brannagan and Henry are back and fit, and coming into some form again. They're probably our best all-round players, so I don't think it's a coincidence.

Given that, and given the fixtures we have remaining, we've still got a chance, . But we've got to start winning immediately, because there's 7-8 other good teams in this division, and none of them are slipping up a great deal.
If we want to be playing meaningful games in April, then Tuesday night is the classic 'Must Win Game'.

Another radox caller who seems to have the directors bank statements in front of him so knows what they can or can't afford like that 1st class seat that's just out of our reach:)

The board sold both players who scored a few from distance which this teams is now lacking and replaced with a topped up piggy bank,
I still think too many loan players don't help one bit either as when chips are down they are not bothered as back to there parent club .

Agree, might aswell throw are youngsters out that are wanting to prove they can make it, atleast they will give it their all.

The board sold both players who scored a few from distance which this teams is now lacking and replaced with a topped up piggy bank,
I still think too many loan players don't help one bit either as when chips are down they are not bothered as back to there parent club .
Players don't go out on loan to not be bothered otherwise they'd soon be sent packing like Dan Crowley with all due respect.

Also - word for Parkinson.

We came out second half and took over the game, and were picking up every second ball. Looked only a matter of time before we scored.

Each of his subs was designed to kill the game, and they achieved exactly that.

I'm sure Sunderland fans would rather they played people off the park. But if they can't do that, then dour 1-0s will surely do.

EDIT: Surprised that so many people seem to think we were actively bad today. Now I’m questioning everything!
Once we got used to the new formation we were pretty good. We looked worse once Agyei went off and he was a bonus, as was the revived Branagan

No, it's not OK to lose, and I'd much rather win but be the worse team on the day. I also agree with KR that this was frustrating. BUT in your initial point you didn't say that he'd come on and say he was glad we lost because we were the better team. The fact is that we played well, and, with a bit of luck, could have done what none of the last five teams have done--and scored against Sunderland.
You've lost me there. Are you criticising me for not saying something?

We should be winning games, regardless of the opposition. Blaming bad or a lack of luck is not the answer. We lacked the ability to score and therefore lost the game having conceded very early in the game.
Plus points today - Brannagan and Henry coming back to form. Negative - Taylor seems to be off his game or not getting the service he needs?

Back
Top Bottom