Home Match Day Thread +++ 15/02/20 OUFC v Sunderland +++

Game over. Stinker of a way to lose when you consider the performance.

Sticking the ball in the net is a real struggle. We’re just not at the level of the top sides, I’m afraid.

We hardly create any decent chances anymore. Second half was ok... but again few half chances... it's just sh*te

I guarantee that KR will tell us that we were the better team with more chances, that he is proud of the team, that the officials missed so much and that the fans were, as always, fantastic.

Fact is, we lost to one goal and couldn't find the net once, at home.

Plus point? At least Agyei got a start.

Terrible again, with all that possession did we really work their keeper. No chance in making the playoffs, might aswell recall all are youngsters from their loans and play them with the pros we have under contract for next year.

Rad Ox complimenting our performance.

It’s appears we still have something about us. It’s not like one of those seasons under CW where it completely unravelled. But the corner has to be turned somewhere if we want to ensure our season ends with some degree of interest.

I guarantee that KR will tell us that we were the better team with more chances, that he is proud of the team, that the officials missed so much and that the fans were, as always, fantastic.

Fact is, we lost to one goal and couldn't find the net once, at home.

Plus point? At least Agyei got a start.
If he does say all that I'd agree with him.

Rad Ox complimenting our performance.

It’s appears we still have something about us. It’s not like one of those seasons under CW where it completely unravelled. But the corner has to be turned somewhere if we want to ensure our season ends with some degree of interest.
cant score goals .... a striker was very much required in Jan window, but our blatantly unambitious board flogged off 2 fit young players, who both score goals, and replaced them with............................... no one :mad: :mad: :mad:

Frustrating.

Not much in the game. Most of the football that was played was played by us. But they took advantage of one of their wind-assisted set pieces, and we couldn't take advantage of any of ours (none of which was Forde's fault - his delivery was consistently excellent).

Now that we've stopped regularly belting them in from long distance (as we were doing in the first half of the season), we look short of finishers.

Taylor's the only one in the squad, really, and he was disappointing today. Never really threatened (despite some spectacular balls being played in by Henry and Forde) and spent too much time on the ground and complaining to the ref.

We need to go on a spectacular run, now, to get anything from this season. Although the fixture list is in our favor - some winnable games coming up. We're going to have to.

I know it’s easy with hindsight but I honestly would have said this before the game - why change the formation? Against Burton we played brilliantly at times - definitely a hell of a lot better today.

It clearly didn’t work, having the extra centre back actually gave us less options, not more. The midfield were way out of it, Brannigan by sheer force of will and ability made it almost work but it just didn’t click. So the question is - why didn’t Robinson change it at half time??

Back
Top Bottom