Away Match Day Thread 15/01/2022 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Sennet giving it some on Radox
But I agree with his comment to strengthen sooner rather than later.

Another poor effort to today. KR you need to be more adaptable to these kind of teams, otherwise it will always be the same outcome.

Wycombe aren’t anything special, but they do what they do, and it’s effective, and they are good at it. We don’t have the players to combat this. You need to address this team, and teach them some of the shithousery needed at times.

We need to bring in some Robust tough players, that can play in these kind of games. You have to do what you have to do to get out of this division. Mr Bakrie, and Mr Thohir won’t give you unlimited time in the hot seat.
We said this at the end of last season we all knew we needed stronger players
We didn’t do it especially in defence Seddon not good enough Thornilly not good enough
Quite capable of beating lesser teams but against too 6 we are poor
And do we miss Gorrin

i think its time to cut the ties with kr...2 chances already...one trick pony im afraid to say is bout right

Difficult game, obviously the quality is completely different but do say Wolves (a team who always do well but aren't quite one of the huge hitters) go to Liverpool and expect a win?
Can't say I'm too surprised but hoped for better. When we're back on Saturday if everyone gets behind the boys we should return to our winning ways, we usually have a bit of a blip but return quick enough, why shouldn't Sheffield at home in front of 10,000 be that return!!!
Liverpool vs Wolves isn't comparable at all to Wycombe v Oxford. Was a win expected today? No, but many of us would've wanted us to combat Wycombe's obvious strengths.

They aren't a bigger club than us and don't have more money. They are on a post-Championship bounce, but with the players we have and the time Karl's had to address long-standing issues with the squad, we should be giving more than we have in the past couple of games.

When you look at the table I would say we are playing for two places it's tougher this year we know we can do it but the incomings have got to be very good.

Liverpool vs Wolves isn't comparable at all to Wycombe v Oxford. Was a win expected today? No, but many of us would've wanted us to combat Wycombe's obvious strengths.

They aren't a bigger club than us and don't have more money. They are on a post-Championship bounce, but with the players we have and the time Karl's had to address long-standing issues with the squad, we should be giving more than we have in the past couple of games.
Also if Wycombe don’t go back up this season a few of their players might have to ship out because FFP rules.

SK saying on the way Sykesy has played in the last couple of games and a club comes in for him then go otherwise sign the contract

When you look at the table I would say we are playing for two places it's tougher this year we know we can do it but the incomings have got to be very good.
I worry that we will not bring in anyone. If so, we can kiss goodbye to promotion, we’re just not strong enough.

Robin wants to go back a few years. We are in a better place but it's just the same old results against this sort of team. So predictable sadly

SK talking sense
He is talking his sense..we were on the cards to lose before we started in his opinion. But he's talking sense on Sykes.
Anyway someone has a problem with their maths in radox ..it was 1800 not 800 away fans and he said no shots on goal well there were 11 but only 5 on target.

SK quite strong on his talk of Sykesy not wanting to be here SK was very strong in his condemnation in the team.

Even Nick Harris saying if the scouts have come to watch Sykesnin the last 3 games they wouldn’t be interested

Today we unfortunately reaped what was sewn at Wembley in May 2020. Wycombe winning that game means they have been able to grow thanks to the year spent in the Championship and the resulting financial rewards. Weve got to accept weve fallen behind ‘little’ Wycombe now for the time being.

Hopefully its only temporarily though

Maybe it was because Vokes was missing but I thought they played a lot more football today than a typical Wycombe side do. As much as it pains me to say it, they're a fair bit better side than us. The 'will' to defend - every time one of our players got the ball in an advanced position, there's 2/3/4 Wycombe players breaking their neck to get over and crowd him out/get a block in/make his path to goal more difficult. Why do we never seem to have the same mentality when it comes to defending?

Maybe it was because Vokes was missing but I thought they played a lot more football today than a typical Wycombe side do. As much as it pains me to say it, they're a fair bit better side than us. The 'will' to defend - every time one of our players got the ball in an advanced position, there's 2/3/4 Wycombe players breaking their neck to get over and crowd him out/get a block in/make his path to goal more difficult. Why do we never seem to have the same mentality when it comes to defending?

Careful Robbo might read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom