Away Match Day Thread 15/01/2022 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Okay, forget the stadium for a while, there's a big match to win.

It's a tough one I can't see anything but a defeat sadly. We don't want to lose it but they are just the sort of team we hate playing against.0-2

I’d be very happy with a point. Our midfield has been decimated. Mind you, they never play thru the middle, they hoof it.

REF WATCH

EhRNOO1X0AE_J6E

Carlisle based official Anthony Backhouse, 31 will be the man in the middle at Adams Park today.
He was appointed to the National List in the summer of 2017. Backhouse last refereed a U’s match in March 2021
in the 2-0 defeat at Hull City. He was in charge at Lincoln when United won 6-0 in September 2019.

This season he has been in control of 21 matches issuing 73 yellow cards and just one red which was handed
out just four days ago, in Buckinghamshire , where he dismissed AFC Wimbledon defender Nesta Guinness-walker
for two yellow card offences at stadium mk.

2-0 defeat today I'm afraid they will be just to strong for us is there any news on CB injury is he definitely out of the game today

AmXOOICCIAAurBi

PLAYED FOR BOTH

the U’s and the Chairboys includes Chris Hackett, Tommy Mooney, John Mousinho , Jordan Obita,
Michael Duberry, Jon-Paul Pittman, Jason Seacole, Nick Cusack, Jordan Archer, Mike Williamson and
Paul McCarthy.

Up already and ready for a big day out. Hoping the atmosphere amongst the travelling fans matches the news that we've had this week re: stadium and backs the team 100%. Result aside, this period of time could be the start of something special and getting behind the team (and board) is a part of that.

Up already and ready for a big day out. Hoping the atmosphere amongst the travelling fans matches the news that we've had this week re: stadium and backs the team 100%. Result aside, this period of time could be the start of something special and getting behind the team (and board) is a part of that.
Don't call it our big day out, it's just another away game

Will be watching in bed. COVID finally caught up with me yesterday. Pesky kids!!!!

Last edited:
Without Kane and maybe Branagan I can only see a defeat 3-0
They are so much stronger than us and the usual long ball game will cause us problems

Have to say that I’m pessimistic too. Think how much we huffed and puffed against a dogged Cheltenham side at home and then ramp that up when our opponent are even better at it. It’s the kind of match that exposes KR’s limitations as manager.

It won’t be a mauling but it will be a 1-0, 2-1 or similar and you can bet your bottom dollar that one goal will be from a corner.

Not expecting anything from today to be honest, a point would be great today.

I hope we don't lose heavily. After poor performances against Cheltenham and Lincoln this could be a damaging period to our playoff hopes especially with Wednesday coming up next week and then two tricky away trips to Gillingham and Wigan followed by Pompey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom