Away Match Build Up 15/01/2022 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield situation (which has come at a terrible time) and our form in the last couple of games makes this a probable loss IMO.

With the midfield injuries and to counter the long ball I would go with
Stevens

McNally Moore Thorniley

Long McGuane Sykes Seddon

White Holland
Taylor

I think with Kane, CB and Gorrin, we are really going to lack that fight and power defensively in midfield. If Mous is fit enough he should play CDM, if not, I’d move long into there. Solid defensively and positionally, and technically as good on the ball as Gorrin. Forde can fill in at full back with a more defensive minded winger such as Williams in front of him.

Any good tips for parking? As usual parking at the ground is a non starter. Arriving at 13:30 so don’t mind bit of a walk…
I booked a space on just park about a ten minute walk from the ground, so hopefully will miss the worst of the traffic on the way out too.

I think with Kane, CB and Gorrin, we are really going to lack that fight and power defensively in midfield. If Mous is fit enough he should play CDM, if not, I’d move long into there. Solid defensively and positionally, and technically as good on the ball as Gorrin. Forde can fill in at full back with a more defensive minded winger such as Williams in front of him.
If Mous is not fit enough to play, then his official inclusion in the squad should be terminated. If he can't be available in exactly the situation we need him for, then we need to get someone ion the squad who can.

If Mous is not fit enough to play, then his official inclusion in the squad should be terminated. If he can't be available in exactly the situation we need him for, then we need to get someone ion the squad who can.
Absolutely, although unlikely by Saturday 😂

Yes, a bit unlikely by Saturday! Maybe a bit of forward planning might have been in order - if he isn't fit enough now, will be ever be?
I think it’s well documented Mous needed to be a registered player for his PFA role, and that’s why he’s still in the playing squad, he can’t be relied on fitness wise for multiple games, and it’s situations like this that if we want to have “big club mentality” that we have to make some tough decisions. Maybe we are wrong and bosses the next few games. Let’s hope!

I will be delighted if we come away with anything less than a 2 nil defeat

We are going to need that underdog mentality for this one. Wycombe are brilliant at winning games this season. Dare I say it is a must win?

If Mousinho was able to play then I'm sure he would have during the Covid affected games - his legs have obviously gone and it looks like Robinson is reluctant to use him. I can't say I'd be happy to see him line up against Wycombe.

Given what I saw in both games last Saturday, I would would worry for Seddon and Long. Wycombe gave both full backs from Sunderland a hard time - particularly McCleary who likes to take the man on and cut back inside. Mehmeti, who looks a useful player, also drifted out to the right flank.

I'm sure Robinson will take this into account when selecting (!?!?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom