Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/9/2019 OUFC v Tranmere Rovers Match Day Thread +++

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.
Did I hear someone on Radio Ox after the game say that josh Mceachran is training with us? Is this A true and if so, B with a view to singing or just because he’s local?

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.
Did I hear someone on Radio Ox after the game say that josh Mceachran is training with us? Is this A true and if so, B with a view to singing or just because he’s local?

Yellowbow linked this on another thread after I enquired about that:

I heard previously on Radio Ox that he is training with us but I think he's looking for a move to a championship club.

You can block your credit card payment..
And I agree, numpties.
iFollow emailed back with an apology and assurance of a refund in 3 to 5 days. Card issuer are happy to take forward as an action and Chris Williams is going to see about getting some clarity on the web site.
Will be interesting to see if I get a refund equivalent to what I paid after exchange rate.
Lesson learnt though, don't trust iFollow!

iFollow emailed back with an apology and assurance of a refund in 3 to 5 days. Card issuer are happy to take forward as an action and Chris Williams is going to see about getting some clarity on the web site.
Will be interesting to see if I get a refund equivalent to what I paid after exchange rate.
Lesson learnt though, don't trust iFollow!
subject of ifollow and all its 'issues' perhaps a potential question for radio oxford's 5 min fans forum on Thursday?

as it was KR last week I guess it'll be either Niall Mac or Zaki this week?

subject of ifollow and all its 'issues' perhaps a potential question for radio oxford's 5 min fans forum on Thursday?

as it was KR last week I guess it'll be either Niall Mac or Zaki this week?

Not a bad idea @Sarge . This ad hoc blocking of half time coverage and audio drop out is irritating and not commensurate with a professional outfit. Their "help bubble" muppets are a joke too. How many of us in all innocence are going to be on holiday abroad and think, hey, let's buy a match pass and watch the game live? Only to find out that as a UK account holder you are blocked. And that's something I don't get anyway, if not in the UK why shouldn't we have the option to watch? I paid in euros, as per the website demand and I was not in the UK, my IP address was in Greece so what's the issue?

Trouble is, it's all down to the EFL, does anybody believe they give a monkeys?

Not a bad idea @Sarge . This ad hoc blocking of half time coverage and audio drop out is irritating and not commensurate with a professional outfit. Their "help bubble" muppets are a joke too. How many of us in all innocence are going to be on holiday abroad and think, hey, let's buy a match pass and watch the game live? Only to find out that as a UK account holder you are blocked. And that's something I don't get anyway, if not in the UK why shouldn't we have the option to watch? I paid in euros, as per the website demand and I was not in the UK, my IP address was in Greece so what's the issue?

Highly unlikely..... (ask Bury FC- R.I.P.)

I see iFollow are advertising the video match pass for the Bolton game on the official site. Can you actually watch a game live if based in the UK on a Tuesday on a video pass? I appreciate based on the above and other threads/comments iFollow isn't great.

You have to say that Henry is a very calm penalty taker
Agreed, and he wasn't put off by the argy bargy between Mackie and Fosu. Mackie's best contribution for ages was snatching the ball off Fosu and giving it to Henry!

I see iFollow are advertising the video match pass for the Bolton game on the official site. Can you actually watch a game live if based in the UK on a Tuesday on a video pass? I appreciate based on the above and other threads/comments iFollow isn't great.
This is what is so annoying. I don't have a scooby!
We fly back Tuesday afternoon and should be home in time to listen to the game, how much better to watch it? Am I willing to part with more dosh? Simple answer, no.

You can watch Tuesday night league matches and the tin pot trophy games in the UK with a match pass which costs £10 for each match. For some reason you can't watch the league cup matches though.

You can watch Tuesday night league matches and the tin pot trophy games in the UK with a match pass which costs £10 for each match. For some reason you can't watch the league cup matches though.

I don’t think you can watch leasing.com trophy games either...

A lot of people are slating yesterdays performance, I don't know what game you lot were watching, but I thought we played well, and showed a freshness and urgency that has been lacking in recent games.

All the players who were subbed off, were given standing ovations, including Woodburn, who I agree, until yesterday had not done much to impress me, but had his best game for us, and there was a lot of applause at full time, which suggests the majority of the crowd were as pleased with the display as I was.

We were passing the ball well, defending well, and looked like we were getting our mojo back, and hopefully that result, and performance, signals the end of our loss of form, and we can now go on and have the season we all thought we would have.

I agree with you. There’s no pleasing some. Do people think Man City or Man Utd of old turn in scintillating performances game in game out ? When City beat, say, Brighton 3 or 4 nil at home it will be what is called a ‘routine win’ and that is precisely what we did yesterday. I’ve seen countless top 6 PL teams win comfortably playing in about second gear.

We were never in trouble, never looked like drawing it and it was a controlled, measured performance to secure the points. Clean sheet too. We will be travelling 500 miles plus this week with two away games, what would have been the point in pressing Tranmere like mad and playing at 100mph when the game was virtually won from the moment Henry stroked home his first penalty.

Last edited:

matchday pass avail in UK for the Bolton away game

below cut n pasted from e-mail from OUFC:-

You can watch the U's LIVE against Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday for just £10 with an iFollow video matchday pass.

This season you can watch the U's from the United Kingdom LIVE in Sky Bet League 1 action. Every league game that does not fall on a Saturday 3pm KO will be available to watch online this season, and that continues on Tuesday as Karl Robinson's side make the trip to The University of Bolton Stadium.

On the back of a terrific 3-0 win over Tranmere Rovers on Saturday, don't miss out on the opportunity to watch the U's on iFollow for a great price. Passes also include match commentary on the stream from BBC Radio Oxford.

For more information on how to watch the U's take on Bolton Wanderers with a Matchday pass, click HERE

Back
Top Bottom