Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/4/2018 OUFC v Southend Match Day Thread +++

Oldham

This is another vitally important game for us. We have a poor record against Sarfend and on current form this will be a struggle. However the opposition may take their foot off the gas a little as their season peters out and Robbo will have the boys fired up. I’m going for 2-1 to the mighty yellows and a feeling of relief all round.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mous Ricardinho
Ledson
Brannagan Mowatt
Rothwell
Wes Napa

Think starting with a narrow diamond could be risky as opponents have seen how to play against it but since our best players are CMs it makes sense to play it. Stick Napa up top for some pace, tell Wes to stay in the box.

1-0, Rothwell. COYY

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mous Ricardinho
Ledson
Brannagan Mowatt
Rothwell
Wes Napa

Think starting with a narrow diamond could be risky as opponents have seen how to play against it but since our best players are CMs it makes sense to play it. Stick Napa up top for some pace, tell Wes to stay in the box.

1-0, Rothwell. COYY
I'd tell Wes to stay at home.

Massive game. We simply need to get a win sooner rather than later. Whilst this may not qualify as must win, it’s getting pretty damn close.

I’d start with the same team as Tuesday.

COYY

Battered all game, before a lumbering Southend defender heads a punted Oxford clearance past his own keeper under threat from Napa for 1-0 win

2-0 Oxford and surprisingly comfortable. (Dickie, Obika)

Springboard to a massive revenge win at Wigan next week.

Put a monkey on it. Monster! Monster! Monster!

I agree 2-0 and I think confidence returning after Tuesday. They played well with nothing earned. Win this and I genuinely think we could upset Wigan, good though they are.

History says we're going to lose tomorrow. But following the 0-0 away to them and our dominant performance on Tuesday. I forecast that we'll come away with atleast a point.

Will we finally see a goal? Bloody hopes so.

Line up
Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho Ricardinho
Brannagan
Ledson Mowatt
Henry
Obika Thomas

Reckon Rothwell will be coming off the bench. He's tweaked his hamstring in the past 2 home games and had to come off. Henry back and behind the strikers.

1-0
Dickie

Last edited:
The tide is turning,a narrow win tomorrow and then go on with
an unbeaten run to the end of the season resulting in a respectful
mid table ish finish.
Yes I am sober
No not on any drugs.

The tide is turning,a narrow win tomorrow and then go on with
an unbeaten run to the end of the season resulting in a respectful
mid table ish finish.
Yes I am sober
No not on any drugs.

I like your optimism, I’m going for 1-0 with a goal from Wes.

I’m also not drunk or on drugs (yet) but you’ve got to keep the faith haven’t you? Remember the hard times in the conference? This is child’s play compared to that!

Back
Top Bottom