Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/4/2018 OUFC v Southend Match Day Thread +++

2-0 Oxford and surprisingly comfortable. (Dickie, Obika)

Springboard to a massive revenge win at Wigan next week.

Put a monkey on it. Monster! Monster! Monster!

Now I know you’re joking, Obika?

That guy has got to start being proactive, and running the channels, but he hasn’t got a football brain, here’s hoping though as we don’t have other options.

History says we're going to lose tomorrow. But following the 0-0 away to them and our dominant performance on Tuesday. I forecast that we'll come away with atleast a point.

Will we finally see a goal? Bloody hopes so.

Line up
Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho Ricardinho
Brannagan
Ledson Mowatt
Henry
Obika Thomas

Reckon Rothwell will be coming off the bench. He's tweaked his hamstring in the past 2 home games and had to come off. Henry back and behind the strikers.

1-0
Dickie

I’d rather have Rothwell in if he’s fit enough, and I’d also consider changing Brannagan and Ledson around as Ledson is f*****g useless at finding that defence cutting defining pass or having composure in the final third, but we all know he’s better at breaking up play or putting a tackle in or two!

Last edited:
I’d rather have Rothwell in if he’s fit enough, and I’d also consider changing Brannagan and Ledson around as Ledson is f*****g useless at finding that defence cutting defining pass or having composure in the final third, but we all know he’s better at breaking up play or putting a tackle in or two!
Oh i agree. That's what i think Robinson will go with and he's favoured Brannagan deeper. As for Rothwell he hasn't made it through a Game and if he keeps aggravating his hamstring then it could tear. So maybe him of the Bench would stop the likelihood of that happening.

Oh i agree. That's what i think Robinson will go with and he's favoured Brannagan deeper. As for Rothwell he hasn't made it through a Game and if he keeps aggravating his hamstring then it could tear. So maybe him of the Bench would stop the likelihood of that happening.

The only thing is, if Rothwell comes on and then tweaks his hamstring then we might not have another substitute to come on or waste two for the price of one!

Confident we will win this one.
We will set up camp cowley on their goal and finish what we failed to on tuesday.
The sun is shining, lets get behind them and get this lumbering bus over the line. 3-1

Huge game. I think today will be the crucial day in our relegation battle. If everything goes our way, we could be 8 points away from the relegation zone with 4 games left to play. Safe. If it doesn't, and everything goes wrong, we could be 2 points away from the relegation zone in 20th having played a game more than the team in 21st.

1-0 Yellows. Thomas. But I will be equally interested in the performances of Doncaster, Peterborough and Gillingham. If Rochdale, especially, get a result at Peterborough, I think they'll end up safe.

Around this time the Forum goes quiet. Nerves setting in. So, good luck everybody.

I have high hopes. Based on very little, mind. We'll pull something out of the bag

Despite it being Southend, Ive a sneaky feeling this one will end up a 2-1 home win.... collective communual 'phew!' exhaled around 5pm emmanating from the Oxford area, will be felt in the form of hurricane like conditions elswhere in the UK

Rothwell Henryand Mowatt with a goal apiece...edited after team news announced!

Last edited:
To say i'm shitting myself for this one would be an understatement. The time is now to step up and back our team to the fullest for the whole 90 minutes. No negativity or booing, just pure 100% loyalty and support to Oxford United Football Club. If we do our jobs then the team will do theirs. With hope come 5pm we will be home and dry and can finally start to relax. Win or lose up the U's!!

Afternoon all. Beautiful day at Grenoble Road. I’m feeling wildly optimistic. Bogey team be damned. I’m going 2-0 Yellows. Perform like Tuesday and the goals will come. Might even buy a lottery ticket tonight

The sun will shine. We will win. Thomas and Mowatt will score. We will all go home ecstatic.
Repeat after me. The sun will shine. We will win........

Hope our luck changes today. Ive enjoyed my weekend so far, could do without another one ruined!.

Oxford 3 -1 Southend (Thomas, Rothwell and Mowatt)

Eastwood
Kane, Dickie, Mousinho, Ricardinho
Mowatt, Ledson, Brannagan, Henry
Thomas, Obika

Shearer
Mehmeti
GvK
Napa
Carroll
Martin
Nelson

Back