Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
We knew what to expect ... the Trevor Kettle show .... he gave us nowt.... we were so near yet Kettle was so 'VAR' on that handball

Last edited:
Appalling...AGAIN! - but 'Baldy the Lino' was just as bad..

How do these people keep getting games?

I am surprised Robbo didn't decide that as he has been summoned by the FA already he might as well have another go at the nice Mr Kettle.

-4 complete and utter failure needs to go to specsaver blatant handball and this is a contact sport you are allowed to tackle.

My sons mate is an MK Dons fan and was at the game today. He said how bad the ref was and actually said that he couldn’t believe how the ref gave so many poor decisions against us! That doesn’t get said often by an opposing fan.

Made a poor game even poorer by giving fouls when there was minimal contact, pulling back quick free kicks all the time not allowing any sort of flow to the game. He didn't have a affect on the result (I didn't see the handball from where I was sitting so can't comment on that) but he did affect the exciting factor of the game. That game would certainly not encourage any new fans to come and watch from both clubs thats for certain. This is something the fa needs to address as they are suppose to encourage the next generation to come through the game (whether that's play or watch).

I was at the game with a neutral (Watford) supporting friend, and he said Kettle gave everything in MK's favour.

He did seem to blow up on any little contact we had with them, but was happy to let go the same when it was against us.

In the 1st half Kettle was ok. In the 2nd half he, as usual, came out a different person. Does he have an identical twin and they can only manage 45 mins?

The 2nd half was awful, inconsistent, poor and clearly it is some trick to get given a free kick against you for fouling Fosu! The lack of protection for Fosu is the reason I reckon he tried to stay on his feet after being clipped in the area, with the irony that Kettle looked like he was bringing the whistle to his lips to give it if Fosu had gone down.

Credit to Kettle for finally booking their keeper for timewasting but then let himself down by allowing the keeper to do the same thing repeatedly afterwards. The 20+ seconds each time when holding it after taking a catch should have resulted in a free kick for us.

I will add the officials weren't the reason we lost that game.

Also, the Lino at our end was far worse than Kettle by quite a way which is concerning! Fosu challenges for a ball in the air, just misses it against Lewington and that is a foul; Lewington literally wrestles Mackie off the ball from behind and that isn't a foul.

NB: Sarge can we go back to the 0 to 10 scale?

Last edited:
We are not the only supporters who think the same about Kettle.
Why dont the EFL do something about this?
We do pay to go to games to watch Mr Kettle.

IT seems that we, the paying supporters, are not important in the eyes of the EFL.

not a kettle fan I don't think we helped ourselves either, the niggling tackles which you don't need to make from behind just plays into mk dons and kettles hands. There keeper was a great time waster :) they just did everything they had to get a result, not a single shot on target shows we deserved sod all out of the game.

not a kettle fan I don't think we helped ourselves either, the niggling tackles which you don't need to make from behind just plays into mk dons and kettles hands. There keeper was a great time waster :) they just did everything they had to get a result, not a single shot on target shows we deserved sod all out of the game.
We had one shot on target out of 11 shots, they had 2 in 15.
We definitely had one shot on target ( and a couple blocked that were probably on target)
I am not defending our performance.

Fosu had a shot on target that the keeper saved.

I thought it was handball, but Kettle is so far behind the game, he was probably still thinking about the cup of tea he had at half time. I did laugh at the lino who correctly gave us a throw, but he wasn't looking at the ball and had a lucky guess.

Once said in an interview he didn't like Oxford and once again showed his bias against us, no idea how he's allowed to still ref our games.

I'm surprised noone else spotted him shaking hands and patting MK players on the back after they defended a corner, he was acting like their captain!

I'm quite a fan of having the -1 option, Sarge, but in all fairness (statistically speaking!) I think all refs should be evaluated on the same scale. For example, Kettle was truly awful, but I don't think that he was any worse than the clown from the week before. But he's made to look even worse than he was by the change in scale.

I'm quite a fan of having the -1 option, Sarge, but in all fairness (statistically speaking!) I think all refs should be evaluated on the same scale. For example, Kettle was truly awful, but I don't think that he was any worse than the clown from the week before. But he's made to look even worse than he was by the change in scale.
fair comment ... and noted for future ref watches :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom