Away Match Day Thread +++ 14/12/2019 Milton Keynes Dons v OUFC L1 +++

Fair enough the run coming to an end but MK friggin Dons??? who i might say were fecking desperate

Seen far too many people mentioning the referee. We could have had Ray Charles in the middle today and we wouldn’t have scored.

To whoever it was singing “glory supporters” to those leaving 5 minutes into added time, please grow up.

People like you really are full of your own self importance and no doubt you think you are a “real” supporter.

There were probably plenty of people there today who also had to be somewhere else (it is Christmas party time after all)
and could not afford to get clogged up in traffic.

But hey ho, you just ignore the fact that they made the effort to get to the game and continue to embarrass yourself and act like a tool.

Not a great couple of games and a tough festive period ahead but we are still in an excellent position league wise and I certainly would have taken this at the start of the season.

Just hope we can steady this “little” wobble and get through our injury problems sooner rather than later.

Trevor Kettle and the bald lino were utterly dire today, almost game alteringly so. While we didn't play that well, there were periods of the game where we couldn't maintain possession as the prat in black and his bald mate kept giving soft free kicks to MK, who then wasted masses of time taking it. The flow of the game just wasn't there. The keeper dying on the floor near the end summed it up - he didn't blow his whistle, didn't give a free kick but somehow they made a sub and got a free kick out of it.

Frankly, if the PGMOL cannot find a better Ref than that useless bag of bones to promote for the lower leagues to run games, we may as well just give up now. Any game he officiates is a waste of time and money.

Poor first half, but we were the better team after scoring, so shame we didn’t play with that tempo a lot earlier in the game. If we had we would have won.

Thought MK Dons pressed us high in the first half and stop us from playing

Don’t think Brannagan was fully fit, so would have played Moore and Long instead of Hall and Brannagan.

First time for me at stadium MK I like modern stadia with good facilities toilets big screens etc.
One of the things I enjoy about away games is the atmosphere our support creates. I can understand MK do it to gain an edge and but to split our fans up today and keep the area behind the goal clear they very effectively closed down our vocals. Well done for some trying but we found it very difficult.
Why are we forced to sit in allocated seats at some away grounds, we can't choose where we are on purchase. I witnessed a couple of arguments re people standing and blocking the view of those who didn't want to and in one case could not. When we're allowed to choose the seats on entry people can judge where to sit/stand based on their own preference.
We were poor today and I'm afraid Robbie is just not on the money.

First time for me at stadium MK I like modern stadia with good facilities toilets big screens etc.
One of the things I enjoy about away games is the atmosphere our support creates. I can understand MK do it to gain an edge and but to split our fans up today and keep the area behind the goal clear they very effectively closed down our vocals. Well done for some trying but we found it very difficult.
Why are we forced to sit in allocated seats at some away grounds, we can't choose where we are on purchase. I witnessed a couple of arguments re people standing and blocking the view of those who didn't want to and in one case could not. When we're allowed to choose the seats on entry people can judge where to sit/stand based on their own preference.
We were poor today and I'm afraid Robbie is just not on the money.

Yeah, they should have an option to have a singing/standing area, especially at MK Dons with the seating space they’ve got.

Only 1 thing to take as a positive today is if there were any scouts from other clubs watching are players they won't be snapping them up on that performance. We were useless, no pressing, no urgency. If I was Karl I would get the players in for an extra training session as punishment.

Unfortunately the last three games have shown rather a disturbing problem. All three opposition sides sussed out that about 90% plus of our attacks come through the two wingers. So they just set out to cripple the wingers. And it has worked. I fear this is going to happen a lot for the rest of the season. Sadly the 4-2-3-1 system doesn't allow much through the middle. And since we don't really have what I call a creative midfielder little will come from that.
Let's hope Robinson can work a way out of that problem.

That game was a heap of shite.
Everyone on the pitch appeared to be chloroformed.
ill give man of match to Dickie but not quite sure how MK managed to score. Still we have to lose some time. Good to see Branagan and Baptiste back.
Kettle was slow, ponderous and weak. The level of time wasting by MK was eye watering.
Good support despite the banalities on the pitch.

Unfortunately the last three games have shown rather a disturbing problem. All three opposition sides sussed out that about 90% plus of our attacks come through the two wingers. So they just set out to cripple the wingers. And it has worked. I fear this is going to happen a lot for the rest of the season. Sadly the 4-2-3-1 system doesn't allow much through the middle. And since we don't really have what I call a creative midfielder little will come from that.
Let's hope Robinson can work a way out of that problem.

We had plenty of potential attacks down the wings. Especially Cadden but end product was not there. The whole team just played under par. Too many long balls, not playing out from the back and there was lack of movement from players off the ball.

We had plenty of potential attacks down the wings. Especially Cadden but end product was not there. The whole team just played under par. Too many long balls, not playing out from the back and there was lack of movement from players off the ball.
I noticed the lack of movement vs Shrews, is it a formation or fitness thing? It seems absolutely crucial to our ability to break out of our half dangerously

I thought cadden put in some decent crosses in the last 30 minutes but mackie never seems to attack the 6 yard box. Wish we had someone who could head a ball, we are powderpuff from free kicks and corners.

I noticed the lack of movement vs Shrews, is it a formation or fitness thing? It seems absolutely crucial to our ability to break out of our half dangerously

I'm not sure what's gone on to be honest, yes we have had a lot of injuries and games. But we looked a completely different team to the one that beat Rochdale. There was a throw in to us in the second half and all of all players stood there being marked not moving, in the end the ref gave the throw the other way due to time wasting I'm guessing. Sums up the whole game for me.

Back
Top Bottom